“A lovely, well-located hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dvorakovo nabrezie 6, Bratislava 811 02, Slovakia   |
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Bratislava
Ottawa, Canada
“A lovely, well-located hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel, on the Danube River boardwalk in Bratislava, is an excellent chance to enjoy the Kempinski experience, at prices below those of sister hotels in other world capitals. The modern rooms are tastefully decorated and thoughtfully appointed. The staff are friendly and helpful and the main dining room serves world-class 'nouvelle' versions of traditional eastern European cuisine. The top-floor spa has fabulous views and very good services. Highly recommended for a travel stopover or a week-end getaway from Vienna.

Room Tip: Sound insulation is very good, so street-side rooms not an issue, but the best option is certainly t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed the spa, restaurant and staff. Feedback such as yours inspires us to consistantly provide our guests with the best levels of service. We look foreward to welcoming you on your next visit to Bratislava.

With warm regards,
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is in an excellent almost a historical location, right in the downtown center close to the old town. Rooms are elegant and cozy, clean homey bathroom. I appreciated mainly the hotel's large wellness. Excellent welcoming service...and very good value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: let them choose the room for you ;)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York Mills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed in Hotel for several nights with my boyfriiend. Rooms are pretty nice and you can order additional haircurler or bathsalt, special pillow....what is great. But I have missed a caddle to boil watter....this makes me a little bit sad.....I mean in 5*hotel and aspecialy the most expensive one in area it might be not question....
We saw as well some managers on duty and we were one of the less guest in Lobby and nobody said us even hello....so my feellings were that we are not welcome and we are nothing for this people, hotel,...
However we went for breakfast in main restaurant and we feel very nice the restaurant manager Lukas asked for drink and as well where we are from and so ons.... nice guy. it was pretty nice.
Than I saw again some managers one she had a breakfast next to us. And another guy I saw him as he is picking food.....and nobody said us even hello....
Anyway think it is very unprofessional experience. Such a nice hotel and such easy people in high positions????
Reception and Bar as well nice and welcoming people.
We travel a lot. We have stayed as well in different Kempinsky properties and we were always happy and we WERE WELCOME....
We dont want visit this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and liked your room, the restaurant and bar and the Room Comfort Menu with additional room amenities on offer. As hotel managers generally do not take breakfast, only with the exception of meeting clients, would you be so kind and contacted the hotel at events.bratislava@kempinski.com with more details on this? Your feedback is highly appreciated and we believe that we will be able to provide you with the service you expect next time you are around.
All the best,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Bratislava for 3 nights over New Year and stayed in this hotel. I can honestly say that I couldn't fault it. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years but I can truly say this hotel had the edge. From the second we checked in until the second we checked out, we were treated so well and really well looked after.

The staff could not do enough for us and the room was gorgeous. If I thought oh it would be nice if they had that, I would always find that they not only did they indeed have that but it would exceed our expectations. The complimentary Rolls Royce transfer into town was a delightful added bonus.

Unfortunately we never got a chance to use the Spa due to lack of time but we did go and have a look and it is really lovely.

The location is a little out of the way. About a 20 minute walk into the centre. It's not a problem though and at the end of the night we chose to get a taxi home which wasn't more than about 5 euros so next to nothing! We had heard prior to going to Bratislava to beware of dodgy taxis charging over the odds. We heeded that advice. We found that the company Happy taxis were very reliable and trustworthy. They have their sign on the side of the car, you can't miss it.

When we go back to Bratislava (we found it a charming and friendly little city) we would not dream of ever staying anywhere else. Thanks Kempinski Riverside for a truly memorable New Year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your thorough positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate comments such as yours as it inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the best level of service. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your New Year in Bratislava and had a chance to try some of our hotel ammenities such as the Rolls Royce transfer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava soon!

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this great property and we really enjoyed our stay.
Rooms are nice, spacious and tidy. First night we had dinner in the River Bank Restaurant and the dishes were excellent just like the wines. Nice service and kind attention from the staff.
The breakfast is very rich and there is a wide selection of all sorts of food.
The SPA is amazing and a 'must visit' corner of the hotel.
We will go again as soon as we can.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Bratislava regularly on business every month. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year but never got around to writing up my experience. This is a modern, luxury and comfortable hotel right next to the Danube (Dunaj) The rooms are really, really nice with luxury furnishing, soft carpets and an electronic shower. The bed is really comfortable and a huge flat screen TV branded Kempinski River Park dominated the room. Generally speaking the service is quite good except on this occasion. At check in, the guy didn't welcome me back and seemed to be a little stressed out. He was polite but not welcoming. I had arranged a business dinner that evening at the hotel. I waited for my guests to arrive and sat at a near empty bar. The waiter did not acknowledge me or offer me a menu for the ten minutes I sat there. When my guests arrived we had to ask for the drinks menu. After a further 15 mins, we flagged down a passing waiter and explained we had been waiting a long time and we saw the original waiter sorting out the straws at the bar. Immediately he offered me a free drink which I declined as I said all I want is that they get us our drinks and deliver good customer service. Our drinks arrived promptly, with the original waiter who proceeded to explain that he hadn't kept us waiting but gave us time to choose what we wanted! He barely apologized. I asked that I would prefer if we didn't debate this and would like to get on with my evening. I do not expect this level of service from a 5 star Kempinski hotel and I'm sure and hope this was a one off. The dinner was excellent with a full and interesting wine list. Highly recommended and only rated as very good because the bar staff and partly the front desk let down the rest of the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everything was simply amazing, you won't find a better place to stay in the city! The staff was friendly and I really enjoyed the spa facilities! You must check out the restaurant downstairs for a delicious dinner.

Room Tip: Choose a suit with a river wiew!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava? Share your experiences!