“First Class - Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
City & Golf
Ranked #9 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
London
“First Class - Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Bratislava for 3 nights over New Year and stayed in this hotel. I can honestly say that I couldn't fault it. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years but I can truly say this hotel had the edge. From the second we checked in until the second we checked out, we were treated so well and really well looked after.

The staff could not do enough for us and the room was gorgeous. If I thought oh it would be nice if they had that, I would always find that they not only did they indeed have that but it would exceed our expectations. The complimentary Rolls Royce transfer into town was a delightful added bonus.

Unfortunately we never got a chance to use the Spa due to lack of time but we did go and have a look and it is really lovely.

The location is a little out of the way. About a 20 minute walk into the centre. It's not a problem though and at the end of the night we chose to get a taxi home which wasn't more than about 5 euros so next to nothing! We had heard prior to going to Bratislava to beware of dodgy taxis charging over the odds. We heeded that advice. We found that the company Happy taxis were very reliable and trustworthy. They have their sign on the side of the car, you can't miss it.

When we go back to Bratislava (we found it a charming and friendly little city) we would not dream of ever staying anywhere else. Thanks Kempinski Riverside for a truly memorable New Year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your thorough positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate comments such as yours as it inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the best level of service. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your New Year in Bratislava and had a chance to try some of our hotel ammenities such as the Rolls Royce transfer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava soon!

Hotel Management

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this great property and we really enjoyed our stay.
Rooms are nice, spacious and tidy. First night we had dinner in the River Bank Restaurant and the dishes were excellent just like the wines. Nice service and kind attention from the staff.
The breakfast is very rich and there is a wide selection of all sorts of food.
The SPA is amazing and a 'must visit' corner of the hotel.
We will go again as soon as we can.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Bratislava regularly on business every month. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year but never got around to writing up my experience. This is a modern, luxury and comfortable hotel right next to the Danube (Dunaj) The rooms are really, really nice with luxury furnishing, soft carpets and an electronic shower. The bed is really comfortable and a huge flat screen TV branded Kempinski River Park dominated the room. Generally speaking the service is quite good except on this occasion. At check in, the guy didn't welcome me back and seemed to be a little stressed out. He was polite but not welcoming. I had arranged a business dinner that evening at the hotel. I waited for my guests to arrive and sat at a near empty bar. The waiter did not acknowledge me or offer me a menu for the ten minutes I sat there. When my guests arrived we had to ask for the drinks menu. After a further 15 mins, we flagged down a passing waiter and explained we had been waiting a long time and we saw the original waiter sorting out the straws at the bar. Immediately he offered me a free drink which I declined as I said all I want is that they get us our drinks and deliver good customer service. Our drinks arrived promptly, with the original waiter who proceeded to explain that he hadn't kept us waiting but gave us time to choose what we wanted! He barely apologized. I asked that I would prefer if we didn't debate this and would like to get on with my evening. I do not expect this level of service from a 5 star Kempinski hotel and I'm sure and hope this was a one off. The dinner was excellent with a full and interesting wine list. Highly recommended and only rated as very good because the bar staff and partly the front desk let down the rest of the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Everything was simply amazing, you won't find a better place to stay in the city! The staff was friendly and I really enjoyed the spa facilities! You must check out the restaurant downstairs for a delicious dinner.

Room Tip: Choose a suit with a river wiew!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The spa area is very good, breakfast ok, nice rooms and spacious,nice restaurant downstairs,staff very helpful,!

I'll gladly return whenever I come back in Bratislava, probably the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We are grateful for your stay and also for taking the time to share your nice opinions on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay – particularly the spa, rooms and staff. We are looking forward to meet you again at the Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava.

With kind regards,
Hotel Management
Napajedla, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

As a often returning guest i must share experience with rooms at this hotel.
Other things was all said an done. Best one in SK. Best wellness. Best staff. Best food.
Now i am able to compare rooms.
1.1 Hill view room is ok but you look at old Jewish cemetery. For me nice but someone maybe won't agree. No problem with noise from street.
1.2 Plaza view room is the same but you look to the river side from angle
1.3 Danube view room also the same but you look at river and Austria directly
1.4 Executive Club Room - Best choice. Rooms as above. No difference in view. Rooms on 9. and 10. floor with access to executive lounge - very smooth and cozy buffet style restaurant on 9th floor included in price. From 11 to 22pm snacks, deserts and drinks (beer, sekt, vine...). From 19pm spirits also and wide choice from about 20bottles. Worth every penny ;)
2.1 Junior suite is bigger but monospace. Two tables helps with room dining. 1 TV.
2.2 Deluxe Suite is 2 rooms suite with much more bigger bathroom and separate toilet. Cloakroom is there and it's big. 2 TVs, 2 AC units for each room and space enough to spend time with family while child wants to stay and play :)
2.3 Danube Suite is truly wonderfull. The view, sizes of bedroom and bathroom are huge the same as cloakroom (its size of normal Hilton guestroom makes you think why you have only so few things with you). Library in livingroom is good for further region recognising.
You also have different bed lines, bathrobes and bigger cosmetics what in general makes your stay luxurious as you did not expected.
3.1 Presidential Suite i will try in March ;)
Note: Rooms 1.4 and more have all the same executive floor access no matter of floor on which they are.

Stayed January 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here with work for a few days. Everything you'd expect from this hotel. Great pool and gym with wonderful views over the Danube.
It is a little way out of town along the river so the courtesy shuttle bus is a nice treat, but even nicer when it's a huge Rolls Royce, which drops you off, wherever you need to go.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava? Share your experiences!