“One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Seriously.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Wakeboarding in the city
Ranked #8 of 89 hotels in Bratislava
Essex
“One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Seriously.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I loved the Kempinski. Just wow.

I was sent here on business and my boss said I HAD to stay here because "it was the best." He's right. On arrival, you are greeted by a doorman who takes your luggage in for you and delivers it up to your room later. The Rolls Royce is indeed parked right out in front for when you wanted to go to the Old Town (which, sadly, I didn't get a chance to use).

The room! I know I only had a hillside room, but wow. There were roses in my bathroom. A separate bathtub and walk in shower.. both with digital temperature controls. The bathtub was luxurious and I didn't want to get out. The bed was firm, but not overly so; I slept well both nights and even though I had a room facing the hillside, the rumble from the tram below was not at all intrusive and did not disturb my sleep. The television was a flatscreen new one that looked like a mirror when off. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. I texted my best friend telling him how nice the hotel was, and he said that if there was champagne in the minibar, he'd be impressed.

[There is a small bottle of Mumm's champagne in the minibar for €24, and he was suitably impressed.]

Breakfast was OK.. generic continental offering, but with very nice service. I was by myself one morning and they gave me a table by the window.. where I could watch the snow falling on the promenade next to the Danube. Just lovely.

My first night I went to Kolkova, a local restaurant just a few yards from the hotel, for dinner. I liked that better (and it was cheaper) than the dinner in the hotel the second night. My whole team was a bit miffed at the prices for dinner and the size of the entrees (think minimalist presentation for a lot of money). But it was good and the service was excellent.

All in all I would LOVE to stay here again if Bratislava was on my agenda.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I spend 3 nights in this luxury hotel by the river. The room was very nice decorated, modern and luxury.We had a Danube view. Breakfast was great.Big choice of cold and hot food. Personal was very friendly. There is nothing bad in this hotel. Next time I will be in Bratislava I am sure I will be there .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the services we delivered to you.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon!
With kind regards,
Hotel management
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice new luxury hotel. Personal is very friendly and there exists a very pleasant atmosphere. Spa is located on a high floor and a beautiful view from there. For clients there is a Rolls Royce ride free.

Room Tip: Ask for room on river side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know your experience. We are happy you liked the hotel, the spa and the services offered to the guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Kempinski Hotel River Park again!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was torn between two hotels in Bratislava and I'm glad I chose this one. It's right by the river, a bit further out from the city centre - about 15 minutes maximum. The standard rooms don't overlook the Danube, but the view of the green hills is very pleasant too. The rooms are spacious, bright, very well appointed and extremely comfortable. Check-in and check-out were quick, efficient and the staff in the whole hotel is very pleasant. The buffet breakfast is of very good quality and with a good variety. One of the great things about this hotel is that they have a Rolls Royce available free o charge to the guests. You may use it once a day, on a one way trip to the city centre and other specific places. The health club (overlooking the Danube) is not huge but very well equipped and, again, the staff are really good. One of the few 5-star hotels I stayed in last year that really lives up to the rating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind and extensive review of the Kempinski Hotel River Park. We are very happy that you decided to visit Bratislava and that you have chosen this hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Bratislava.
Largs, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am a frequent business traveller to Bratislava, mostly staying in Crowne Plaza. This time round my Crowne was fully booked and I stayed in Kempinski which I wanted to try one day hearing lots of positive feedback from my colleagues. The hotel did not disappoint. Modern, luxurious design, very spacious rooms and the best of all - the shower with electronic controls... Breakfasts were very good too with lots of choice (better than in Crowne) - I even had an opportunity to have a freshly-made carrot juice every morning.. I found service levels very high too - the staff attentive and caring. Overall, very pleasant experience. Location is further away from the city centre (Crowne is better), but city taxis are readily available and not expensive. If you open the window - it may be very noisy with the road traffic (my windows were overlooking the hills, not Danube). Was missing tea and coffee facilities (have read here in Trip Advisor now that you can ask, but would be better if they were there)... Terrific hotel, recommended if you don't mind taking a taxi rather than walk....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bratislava_Kempinski, Manager at Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for letting us know your pleasant experience from the Kempinski Hotel River Park. We are happy you liked the hotel and appreciated the offered serviced, as well as the quality of breakfast, spacious rooms and the electronically controlled water taps. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Kempinski Hotel River Park again!
with best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

finaly a kempinski with not only apprentices and chemical gastro. lovely furnished, good cousine and a great staff. very unusuall for traditionaly guest-non-related slovakia. overlooking danube is a bit to romantic expressed but at least quiet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are happy that you chose to stay at the Kempinski Hotel River Park and that you took the time to share your opinion. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, liked the served food and the quality of the staff. We are looking forward to meeting you in Bratislava again soon.
With kind regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night and it is quite luxurious, the rooms are fantastic and the view over the blue Danube is wonderful. We got a complimentary ride in the Rolls Royce in to the Old Town. The hotel is a bit overpriced. Breakfast was very good

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a comment on TripAdvisor. We were happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to make your trip to Bratislava a great experience with the great Danube view from your room and a tasty breakfast. We will be happy to assist you with choosing one of the attractive vacation packages for your next stay in Bratislava.
With warm regards
Hotel Management

Been to Kempinski Hotel River Park Bratislava? Share your experiences!