“overpriced and rude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kogo

Kogo
Hviezdoslavovo square 21, Bratislava 81102, Slovakia (Staré Mesto)
+421 2 54645094
Neighborhood: Staré Mesto
USA
“overpriced and rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant during the past several years 3-4 times while visiting Bratislava. The prices are high this is not New York, you pay for the location. The atmostphere and food were OK. Most of the time the restaurant was half empty, never had a problem getting a table. This past Saturday 3 of us decided to dine at Kogo. I only spent 2 days in Bratislava and based on past experience did not think a reservation was necessary. We arrived and were asked if we had a reservation. It was around 7PM and the restaurant again was half empty. We were offered a table that was literally in the entrance. I did not think this was apropriate. We were also offered a table in the smoking (inside) section. As a life long non smoker, clearly this did not interest me. It is possible the restaurant had reservations. The person we spoke to was rude and walked away. Never offered a later seating or a solution of any kind.Have a drink while waiting for a table to free up. I have the impression had I not spoken the local language, even though I am not a local, I would not have been treated this way. I travel all over the world and I can distinquish a good treatment from a bad one. For the prices they charge good treatment of even potential customers should be a given.
This was a very negative experience that ruined our evening. Neeless to say, I will no longer be going back to this restaurant next time visiting. For the prices they charge, (We spent over 130 euros for two 18 months ago for a simple dinner with drinks) I can find a place where they apreciate my business. The management and employess of this restaurant have a lot to learn. Courtesy takes you a long way.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had wondefull meals, great slovak wine, good service. It is our new place to go when being in Bratislava.
I appreciated wine knowledge of the staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Senica, Trnava, Slovakia
“Not the best option in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Restaurant looks good and nice from outside. Even their outside seating invites you to come but unfortunately it is not the best option. Food was good and the service was not any terrible but in this prime location and money they ask I would expect to get much more. There are better places to go in Bratislava.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hove, United Kingdom
“Could've been so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant from the outside is very inviting, very nice inside welcoming staff, was Impressed by menu and we both had the tomato soup which was very tasty and would recommend however our main course I would not my pasta was hard and sauce tasteless with chewy prawns and my husbands was tasty but dry, I actually sent my dinner back hardly eaten to be offered coffee I asked for a desert which I had and was lovely but neither dinner or desert was taken off the bill we left and would never go back!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
“very good seafood restaurant! to recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Seafood very fresh & tasty
it is an Italian style restaurant very competitive service,
nothing to complain,
it's one of the more expensive restaurants but compared to switzerland it is not that expensive.
but anyway it is really worth to experience.
me and my wife were very satisfied with everything
to recommend in every way

Visited August 2012