“"Perfect for families as well..."” 5 of 5 stars

Silvanus Hotel Visegrad
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fekete Hill, Visegrad H-2025, Hungary   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Visegrad
Szentendre
“"Perfect for families as well..."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The outstanding services of this facility in a truly amazing setting make Silvanus Hotel in Visegrád one of the top destinations for my family and myself in the Danube Bend. Sitting back and relaxing or hiking in the hills make no difference, anyone can find her preferred activity. The staff is very helping, food is plenty and exciting. Even my 3 year old has had a great time in the outside pool..but once rain came in we could also have fun in the inside pool of the hotel. Management is keeping an eye on everything, one can tell they make their work their passion. Best bet in the area...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've spent with my mother an unforgottable 3 days in this hotel. This holiday was given for my mother as a birthday surprize.
I've visited the most of Hungarian 4 or 5 stars wellness hotels, and I can say that this one is one of the best hotels. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive, the food is various, and savoury. And you can't forget the marvellous panorama !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for 4 night in the most beautiful suit. The suit was very nice and big. From our suit was fantastic view of the Danube Bend and the citadel too. The evening was very pleasant to sit by the fireplace in the suit. The staff was very helpful. We had a half-board sopplies. We were abel to choose of many dishes for brekfast and dinner. The foods was very testy. Wellness and pool area are net and enjoyable. The Hotel has a great atmosphere. Some very pleasent days we spent here, we felt well.
We recommend it for everybody.
We will come back to Silvanus Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed for 1 night only, and found a place which really deserved the price. The sales guy during the booking was very communicative and helping, but still remained realistic. Enterance is full of "no parking" signs, but park place is quite far. Better to park there for the check in, and then move to parkplace later. We stayed in a deluxe room, having a breathtaking panoramic view on the Danube and the hills around. All Danube-view rooms are impressive. Room was comfortable, bed was luxurious too. I am planning to return to visit the deluxe suits too. Wellness is Ok, nothing exceptional, altough the pool bár had a great variety of drinks & cocktails. The only thing what did not met with ma expectations, was the dinner - we had a half-board included in room price, which meant an all you can eat option, but neither the choice nor the quality did not reached the level I am expecting from that class. Maybe that was only a wrong day, maybe the a'la carte is a better option. Anyway, the turkey with gorgonzola had no taste at all, cheese plate looked like good as a finish, but still not satosfied my hunger for tastes. They have a good selection of Hungarian wines and service is exceptionally good and polite.

All in all, I recommend the place ... Everything is good, but the restaurant .Try it with a'la carte option or with an eat-out ... Surely You will be impressed.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been here several times, and I will travel again. From the terrace the panorama is wonderful, the staff is helpful, and the foods are delicate. I recommend it to everybody!
This place is worth a visit in all seasons.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dunaujvaros, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Hotel very fiendly and I really love the swimming pool outside.Recommended by a good friend of me there, we decided to stay in Hotel Silvanus, not too far from the city, yet very quiet and beautiful spot, not to mention the amazing view over the Danube.I think the most beautiful place in Hungary where the Silvanus Hotel is located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

A bit out of the blue we went to Budapest to spend new-years-eve this year. Recommended by a good friend of me there, we decided to stay in Hotel Silvanus, not too far from the city, yet very quiet and beautiful spot, not to mention the amazing view over the Danube. Staff was friendly and helpful, the food was high standard, the rooms clean and aerie. We never regretted this spontaneous decision, and are thinking about going back next year in december, hoping for a little more snow then though, the skiing must be something there... And maybe go there in summer once, see what it's like when it's hot, as they say the area has a marvelous climate. Hopefully my friend in Budapest will have more time for us then. Always busy... ;-)
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silvanus Hotel Visegrad? Share your experiences!