“Warm and pleasant atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cafe, Dessert, Vegetarian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Drinks
Aarhus, Arhus, Denmark
“Warm and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Maybe I was at the place the same day as Cool Mick (Nov. 8, 2011), as I had to wait quite a while for the food to be served. This gave me an excuse to enjoy a beer in the sunny outdoor area while waiting.
When the food, a dish of different local cheeses with fruit and bread, arrived, I had a great tasting experience. The waiter, chef and bartender - all in one person - was a real nice man, and very good at English too. He was sorry about the delay, which was caused by someone else being sick, so he had to do everything himself.
If the serving hadn't taken so long, I wouldn't hesitate in giving it 5 stars. If I come to Szentendre again, I'll surely go to Dorothea once more.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Killarney, Ireland
“Must have gone to Greece for the salad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Nice place sure enough but a wait of almost an hour for two Greek Salads really is too much. There was no one else eating at the time which makes the delay all the more inexplicable. I've no complaints about the food but I won't be back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“GREAT atmosphere, ot touristy, off the beaten track, people SMILE here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My wife and I have been regular patrons of this small but cosy and relaxed establishment for over five years. This place is different than MANY restaurants/bars/caffees in Hungary, as a country that does not abound with waiters and other service staff who smile and appreciate your business.
Caffee Dorothea is located in Szentendre, a tourist destination close to Budapest. This means that most of places here cater to large, and I mean LARGE, groups of mainly Austrian and Japanese tourists. You can't find a place that doesn't offer goulash and other Hungarian dishes (with loads of paprika and heavy cream), apart form Dorothea. It is equally difficult to have a smiling waiter taking your order or deliver your drink/paprika+ cream laiden dish. Dorothea, at the contrary, has young and smiling waiting staff that seem to be happy to help you quench your thist or tame your ravaging hunger (my case most of the times).
Thse guys also speak good English ulike most of their Szentendre colleagues. This caffee offers small dishes ranging from sandwiches and salads to tortellini. They have very nice coffee and great homemade ice tea. Their homemade cakes are also fresh and tasty.
We have just had a capuccino, long espresso, ice tea and the nicest lemonade there. My wife's lemonade was made with one whole lemon, half a lime and half an orange. It was also served with these fruit inside! VERY tasty!
We will contiue coming back to this place as often as we can and we wholeheartedly recommend it to everybody else.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere