“Not 4 stars services” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Szekesfehervar
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Not 4 stars services”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

The rooms RE typical Novotel hotel rooms. Not something special, just good. Breakfast was very good with a great variety. However, the service was not for 4 stars. Most of the personnel did not speak any English, our mini-bar was not functioning and when I asked to change it they responded that they cannot. It passed 1 whole day to change it. Also, the room was not very clean. The location is good, it is very close to the historical center.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
novotelfehervar, General Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at Novotel Szekesfehervar up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally.
On other hand thank you very much for your positive comments.
Please feel free to write me a mail on: h3333-gm@accor.com to discuss further.
Tamas Tóth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Duisburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have taken part on a 3 days training in the hotel. The food was excellent, the breakfast was outstanding. The room was comfortable and big enough.
I have experienced a nice service from the staff. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
novotelfehervar, General Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Client,
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Szekesfehervar. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards,

Midlands, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I spent just 4 nights in this hotel, having stayed in many Novotel Hotels in the UK, and was happy to see the quality in Hungary matches that of the UK.

Check-in very efficient, staff helpful and friendly

The rooms are always of good quality, the only surprise being the double bed being provided with a single quilt. I have since learned that there are double quilts in a cupboard, but it wasn't a problem at all.

The only downside really was the wifi did not function, but if you asked at reception, as my client did, they would happily provide a cable for you.

There is a fitness suite in the hotel but I did not use it as I went out exploring the old town each evening while the sun shone, this is just 300metres from the hotel.

Breakfast was very good each morning a great selection always fresh and available from 6:00am until 10:00am it was a little expensive at 13Euros though.

I used the restaurant just once as I was entertained by clients in other restaurants in the town, but the time I used it the food was terrific and good value.

All in all a very good hotel, which I hopte to one day return too, and maybe take the family next time.

Room Tip: There appears to be some corner rooms, ask for one of them.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
novotelfehervar, General Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Szekesfehervar and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Szekesfehevar is a small town and there were not a lot of hotel choices. My husband's family lives nearby and this was a convenient location to stay over. When we were there, they were renovating the lobby and it smelled of chemical, like glue or something so I had a headache from the fumes. The restaurant has an open-concept so the smell was just as strong. Oh well... The room is ok. The bed is a bit old. The decor is sufficient and functional enough. It's just a place to sleep. The people are friendly and courteous. We will most likely return to this hotel as there really isn't that many hotels around this little city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
novotelfehervar, Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Client,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, I really value your feedback. I am delighted that generally you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Szekesfehervar.
I apologize because of the refurbishment during your stay in the lobby area.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Szekesfehervar.

Tamas Tóth
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have spent 3 very nice days in the hotel. Everyone was very friendly, the restaurant dinners were great!! I loved it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
novotelfehervar, General Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Szekesfehervar. I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Heidelberg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I am a pretty easy reviewer most times, but this hotel did not impress. My room smelled the entire time because of a water leak in the air conditioning unit that they failed to fix the whole 10 days I was there. We complained numerous times and had it worked on once but other than that they just blew me off, telling me there was nothing they could do and that they would have to hope it went away by morning. On top of that, the chamber maid just couldn’t seem to get it right. A plate with strawberries, a nice gesture to welcome me, wasn’t taken out of the room even when the strawberries molded. I eventually put it out in the hallway for pick up. Prices for drinks are ridiculously expensive even with the discount our group got and getting food replaced at breakfast was often slower than normal. Wireless internet was down for 4 of the 10 days I was there and it was hit or miss if they offered food during lunch. I’ll admit that by the end of the trip my attitude wasn’t the best, but it seemed that both the late nightshift on the front desk and a few of the day shift girls were snide and unable to assist with even the simplest task. These were simply the personal issues I had, it was the official ones that worried me the most.

We were there to host a conference. I was under the impression we had rented out the conference rooms but the hotel over booked them and had events going on in the hours we weren't using them. This wouldn’t have been a problem, however it severely hindered set up times and also left us doing mad dashes for spare rooms to use during the conference. Internet access had been modified between our site survey and our actual conference however no one could put it back the way it was. Eventually we received assistance from the technician, in the form of a hotel supplied hub, rather than a modification of the security. During our biggest evening we had dignitaries coming in to the building the same time a karate event was being held, making the parking lot, front entrance and lobby a logistical nightmare for security. The hotel staff just stood there doing nothing while police escorted vehicles tried to gain access to the poorly designed parking lot. Rooms were taken although we had a contract stating they were not to be resold and the hotel asked if staff could change rooms in the middle of our function so they could sell them. We had rented out all but a handful of rooms. During the second dinner they ran out of beer and failed to have enough wait staff for the 80 person dinners. I would never, never recommend this hotel for official functions despite their last minute attempts to get things together.

On a positive note, the wait staff in general tried to please. There were two girls in particular that went above and beyond to assist us. They were the most professional and hardworking ladies I’ve had the pleasure of working with in quite some time. The food was quite tasty and the drinks well made. The manager Tamás and a few girls on the front desk tried to assist us where they could, but unfortunately this hotel wasn’t nearly up to par. The furnishings were okay and the hotel was adequately decorated and clean. Location wasn't bad but you are surrounded by main roads.

In the end I would have to recommend the Kiraly, on the walking street, for any personal stays. I will stay there should I ever visit that area of Hungary again. If you are hosting a large conference then I would say, look elsewhere, even if it means hosting in Budapest. Maybe utilizing the Novotel hotel for smaller conferences or business meetings would be fine, as I saw some successful smaller conferences going on and didn't see any hassles with those. Apparently they just couldn’t handle the scope of our conference or there were massive communication gaps between our staff and theirs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
novotelfehervar, Manager at Novotel Szekesfehervar, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Szekesfehervar. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. In order to demonstrate that we can serve you better, please send me your email address to make me possible to send you an invitation voucher to our hotel for 2 days.
H3333-gm@accor.com
Leipzig, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I've been a few great times in Szekesfehervar mainly in Novotel. The overal service is pretty good. Staff at the front desk and the lobby is just professional. Kind, quick, has a nice attitude and informatvive enough at the checking-in and the waiters are also nice people. Free wifi access is offered by receptionist which is easy-to-log-in but sometimes the speed of date is a little bit poor. My room was clean and calm, furnished funcionally good but a little bit used furniture. Carpet in the corridor on the floor and in my room is really worn-out. Breakfast in the spacious restaurant offered wide range of coldcuts, bakery product and any other... really breakfast just simply good there and the staff helpful and kind as well for sure. As a I mentioned I have pleasent stays there. On bad point: a little bit overpriced, but it's true more favourable than Budapest. It's a great truly hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Szekesfehervar.I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Tamás Tóth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Szekesfehervar
Hotel Magyar Kiraly
Velence Resort & Spa
Velence Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Velence
4.0 of 5 stars 84 reviews

Been to Novotel Szekesfehervar? Share your experiences!