“An excellent family-style restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 60 Restaurants in Szeged
Cuisines: European, Central European, Hungarian
Szeged, Hungary
“An excellent family-style restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one of the best Restaurants in Szeged. The meals are very fine, the quality is constantly high. The staff is very kind, and the prices are moderate. I recommend this restaurant without doubt.

One have to examine the first page of the menu, since there are seasonal specialities that are available only for limited periods.

The speciality of the house is some very decent drink called "pálinka", which means some very strong alcoholic drink made from pure fruits.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent and superb quality food at a fair price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The service is fast and the food is fresh. My personal favorite is their pork chops and grilled vegetables. Their chicken soup is stunning but the price for two people with drinks didn't break the wallet for me and that was the kicker. I returned a 2nd and 3rd time to try it out for dinner and also their outdoor patio due to the weather. The dinner menu was plentiful and for that I had their grilled turkey breast with their Greek salad. The desert was their palacsinta and that was quite delicious. For my last meal with them, they were extremely helpful as I had to leave Szeged and they made the meal ready to go. The plates and utensils were ready and the take out plate and setup was practically made for someone on the go. I took the train back to Budapest and I felt like a king eating my meal. I paid just about $10 for 2 breast of turkey with grilled vegetables and some chicken soup and desert. I felt that was an extreme bargain.

• Visited March 2013