“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Pecs
Geelong, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Despite booking a family room for two adults and two children, upon arrival we were informed we had been given two double rooms side by side instead. Assuming there would be an interconnecting door I did no complain, but there was no door between the rooms and going from one to the other meant using the main corridor.
When I later questioned the front desk staff about this I was greeted with a shrug, then when I pointed out that with two children aged 7 and 10 it was not appropriate or safe to have them in a separate room, I was told they have no family room anyway. When I asked why they listed one on booking.com, again just a shrug. An apology would have sufficed.

This is a very basic hotel, more like a youth hostel. Service was very poor, we were not given any information about how to find our room, where to park our car, what time breakfast, etc. I would definitely not recommend.

When we went out for dinner that night I saw the Hotel Planitus in the main street. It looked beautiful and the location was superb. Go there.

Stayed April 2014

Solo
Business

Been to Hotel Agoston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Agoston

Address: Agoston Street 11, Pecs 7625, Hungary
Location: Hungary > Southern Transdanubia > Baranya County > Pecs
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Pecs
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Agoston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Agoston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.