“Excellent service and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We came upon this by accident whilst wandering around and we were not at all disappointed. Staff were attentive without being overbearing, the food was delicious (parmesan risotto with chicken - sounds basic but it was the best I've ever had!), home made lemondade (I was driving) and my partner ate the Mangalica pork with a beer. We sat by the window and watched the theatre-goers exit the national theatre next door. Really nicely decorated restaurant. We will definitely go again!

Visited April 2012

• Hungarian first
Dublin, Ireland
“The best we have eaten in, in Pecs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

First off...we, and others in Pecs, know this as the Corso Restaurant (nothing to do with Corso Hotel, Pecs). But seems to go under Susogo on the web. This is our third time eating here.

Right smack in the middle of town. On Kiraly Street just off the main square.

This is a food emporium really as there is a very good cafe downstairs along side a quality food shop. We have had excellent soup. cakes and wine here before.

The bright, tasty restaurant is upstairs with tables nicely spaced so you are not on top of each other. The menu is varied and shows promise. This is well met with the food that was presented and eaten.

Starters of grey cattle goulash soup and pumpkin soup with garlic. Both delicious and I am not usually a soup man. Mains of paprika chicken which was breast in a paprika sauce with knodel...small dumplings. I had to have the veal with foie gras, two of my all time favoutites. The veal was not the very young kind we get in Western Europe but a slightly older one which still tasted delicious. Foie gras..what can I say?. A decent size and melt in the mouth delicious and cooked perfectly. One gripe...it was not hot as it has to be..just warm.

This is where we always eat when in Pecs and the prioces are very good for the location, ambiance, quality and food. For Hungary it is on the plus for price but for us it is extremely good value.

Overall this is very good indeed. I can not give it excellent, but it is close to it.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anonyme Island, Seychelles
“Good location with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very good mangalica steak and local wines by glass.
Not cosy because noisy but a good address....

Visited October 2011
hungary
“Best in Pécs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012 via mobile

I think this is the best in P. The menu isn't so wide but every food is fresh'n tasty. Creative cousin, several wines.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cary, NC
“Good food, good value, good ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I started out drinking coffee outside, admiring the National Theater building. When I realized there was a restaurant upstairs I ate lunch, which was so good I made a reservation for dinner. I had a table by one of the windows, which gave me a good view of the square outside the theater, and also of the oversize flat-screen TV showing the action in the kitchen.

I subsequently discovered that this restaurant has one awards, and I understand why. But besides providing good food, the dinner menu is excellent value. I lunched on soup and salad, and had a different soup and the duck breast with foie gras for dinner.

• Visited October 2011