Stayed here in late November. Perhaps missed the charm of great weather and being able to lounge outdoors, but many of the negatives would apply even then.
1. Maybe a quarter of the staff smiled and were friendly.
2. The restaurant was a disaster. My family had full board, but other than the (rather sparse) salad bar, a few cooked vegetables and fresh fruit at every meal, it was truly difficult to find anything tasty or healthy among the choices at the buffet. The charges for drinks (e.g., water) at lunch and dinner were outrageous, and the morning coffee was truly awful.
3. The rooms were mediocre, with the flat screen TVs and nice shower soaps and shampoos being the only truly nice touches.
4. The water in the main indoor pool was too cold for anything but a hard training swim.
5. 10 a.m. check out! First in my life! Woke up at 8:30, intending to have a quick breakfast and swim with the kids. Oops, breakfast only, as I was told on a Sunday morning there was a lineup of people waiting to check in (by 11:30, I hadn't seen any evidence of this).
There are lots of good places to get away for the weekend in Hungary. This unfortunately isn't one of them!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your NaturMed Hotel Carbona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naturmed Hotel Heviz