We stayed here for a weekend. It's not our first stay en Heviz, we tested a lot of hotel there.
Let's start with the positive things; it's really in the center/ downtown just 2 minute walk to the famous thermal lake, it's brand new so everything is nice and not "written off". We got two very big and fancy rooms with a common hall (we were there as a family). The staff at reception was helpful, however I little missed smiling. You can also visit via a covered corridor the St Andrew's thermal bath wich is very comfortable mainly in wintertime.
And now the "intresting" things:
- I NEVER been in the world in a hotel, where the restaurant was operated by a different company. In this hotel it's not possible to book your consumtion to you room bill! (I can't believe why isn't it possible to organize by the two managements)
- There wasn't any coffee machine during the breakfast just thermos, if you wanna drink a cappuccino or a latte, you have to pay it.
- However I would definitely recommend ther pizzas, I found similar quality in Italy! :-)
- There wasn't any possibilities to order an omelette or an ham& eggs, just scrambled eggs.
- Based on my feeling the juices were diluted in water..
I would like to highlight that we're talking from a 4* superior category.
- It's also strange that you can use the sauna for free one hour/ day!
About the rooms: they are clean and tidy, but the fan in the bathroom operates all the time if you leave the door open. In our room (Nr 220) we had to wait min 2 min for the warm/ hot water. What I missed from the bathroom is the small package of body lotion& shampoo.
Regarding child friendly: There is no (or even we do not found) any playroom for children wich is standard even in a 4 star hotel, and they have only baby bed but none of baby tub, toilet reducer, etc.
I hope the hotel will outgrow these "children diseases" soon and will be really a 4* superior place not just in therms of rooms/ furnitures but also in therms of service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hunguest Hotel Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.