“Never again! Bats flying around and unhealthy filthy rooms.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Aquamarin
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Honved U.14, Heviz 8380, Hungary   |
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Budapest, Hungary
“Never again! Bats flying around and unhealthy filthy rooms.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived to the hotel in the evening knowing that we would be accommodated in the "not yet rebuilt" wing of the hotel. But we could never imagine such a disgusting place!
Entering the room we thought we were in a hospital ward in Romania in 1955! The two beds (king size promised) were separate beds, my 183 cm husband could not even fit in its lenght.
There were two little armchairs which had a greasy dirty textile covering them.
The bathroom was a complete nightmare. The shower was practically like a cupboard with a half-hanging bin to wash your hands and a broken towel rail. There was no way to hang your towel or place your toiletries and they would all get wet anyway since you had to shower in a very small place.

The whole on the ceiling covered by a net was not too inviting either. It looked like a gas-chamber and the door's painting was coming off in great portions.
The toilet was a separate "cupboard" and was dirty as it was.

The windows and curtains were grey and dirty and our "view" was on a concrete fence under which rubbish was thrown from the hotel kitchen windows below us. It was absolutely horrible.

When we went out for a walk at 10:30 pm the huge "hospital" corridors we needed to cross to get to the reception were invaded by bats.
I am not particularly afraid of bats but I have a phobia and was just standing there numb. The Receptionist said "Yeah, they live under the roof but we have installed nets in the rooms to protect them from flying in the air ventilation tubes.
When I said that I cannot stay in this place because I have phobia he told me that I am exaggerating and probably I have seen bats before yet I am still alive.

This all outside the hotel door with bats flying around the entrance hall. I could not physically enter the place again and he started telling me that I cannot leave the hotel. Naturally, we had to pay the hole night's stay which was almost the most expensive night of my life costing 79 USD as this was a holiday special. We did not even touch anything in the room but the guy made us pay.

So my advise, stay away and visit Korona Panzio instead when you are in Hévíz (see my new review on Korona).
We could not take pictures unfortunately as we were practically escaping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Hotel Aquamarin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Aquamarin

Address: Honved U.14, Heviz 8380, Hungary
Location: Hungary > Western Transdanubia > Zala County > Heviz
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Aquamarin 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Aquamarin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Aquamarin, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.