For the first time I visited this hotel with my husband in October 2012. We liked it very much so we decided to go back for a 4-night stay in March 2014. What an unpleasant surprise it was - obviously management of the hotel completely changed and their "philosophy" was definitely different from their predecessors - they could be called "money savers".
1) service - Hotel has its own pool with water from the famous Heviz lake and we were looking forward to it because you can relax there without going outside. However, we came on Sunday and the pool was pretty cold ( maybe because other visitors were leaving...?), while on Tuesday water was so cold you couldn t stay there and the pool was empty the whole day. The stuff explained that had problems with pump and wait for a specialist to come. OK - but they could have offered us to use a pool in another hotel e.g. across the road... Furthermore, torn towels and things broken in a bathroom shouldn t be found in a 3-4star hotel!
2) food - Hungary is famous for its very good cuisine so this was a very sad surprise while 2 years ago they had an excellent cook preparing excellent Hungarian dishes we were so fond of. Now you thought to be in a poor school cantine - e.g. for breakfast no ham, just ordinary and cheap sausages, bread as well as small cookies or cakes were from the previous day!! ( oh, yes, really!), meals like potatoes with greasy sausages, etc. Dinner was similar - chicken every evening made like for 90-year old people on a diet (without taste, without spices) and even a kind of a dill sauce with minced meat known from the school cantines 30 years ago. Very poor food... how sad.
To conclude, new managers try to save money everywhere, question is how long they will have any visitors... this hotel changed so dramatically we will never return there, were so much disappointed. Fortunately, there are hundreds of nice hotels in Heviz...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The at the beginning of the year 2008 completely renewed Spa & Wellness Hotel Fit**** can be found 300 metres from the unique Medicinal Lake of Hévíz, in a central, but quiet district.The spa and wellness hotel in familiar atmosphere offers 51 rooms with balcony, sparelax pool with medicinal water, whirlpool, infrasauna, Finnish sauna, aromacabine, steambath, adventure shower, fitness-room, saltcabine and relax garden. You can get altenative massages and wellness-treatments beside the traditional cure of Hévíz agains locomotor diseases at our therapy department. We pamper you in our restaurant and drink-bar during your stay at our spahotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your CE Quelle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.