“So-so hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 50 Eger B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“So-so hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed here while visiting Eger, Hungary. This hotel was ok but I would not stay here again. The "sheets" (bottom sheet) are very thin (worn) terry cloth. It was like sleeping on a towel. There was liquid hand soap at the sink in the bathroom. NO soap or shampoo in the shower and no kleenex in the room. The shampoo was something I travel with but bath soap and kleenex is something I would appreciate.
We found the hotel to be to far from the city center which means you need a car or taxi. I found it interesting that the night we got there the owner of the hotel said you need a taxi because of all the oneway streets. He told us the price of the taxi and called a taxi for us. When we came back to the hotel later that night we noticed the price of our return taxi was less than the owner had arranged for us. Hmmm?
The hotel was clean and they have a lovely sunporch on the back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

The pension consists of two different buildings, neither bigger than a residential house really, on a curvy street in a leafy neighbourhood. The main house is definitely the place to go for, as it has an amazing, storied garden that the owners of the place have spent a decade or two cultivating ... it's beautiful, elegant and with a number of hidden corners where you can sit and relax if you'd like. It also has a nice, old world salon where breakfast is served, and a number of tastefully furnished, cosy rooms.

I stayed in the other building, which is fine too, but more pedestrian - not much of a garden and a ho-hum breakfast area, but it's probably a good place for families: a bit roomier and with a ping-pong table in the back if I remember correctly. I stayed in a family room there because I'd insisted on a bathtub rather than just a shower, but I'd recommend the regular doubles, as this one was very roomy but a bit clunky; the smaller ones in the main house are more romantic.

The owner was extremely friendly and jovial, almost a little too much, and very helpful: he even gave me a ride downtown when I wanted to go down for dinner there still - the walk down is pretty and not too far, but it's not round the corner and there isn't really public transport up. He was forthcoming with recommendations for dinner and things to do. All in all the place is definitely a gem, especially if you're out to relax in a cosy place - would definitely be a good place for a romantic stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Panorama Panzio? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Panorama Panzio

Address: Joo Janos u. 9, Eger, Hungary
Location: Hungary > Northern Hungary > Heves County > Eger
Ranked #6 of 50 B&Bs / Inns in Eger
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Panorama Panzio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Panorama Panzio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.