“Excellent Food & Wine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Toscana

Trattoria Toscana
Belgrad Rakpart 13 | 5th District, Budapest H-1052, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)
+36-1-327-0045
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 1,775 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Neighborhood: Belváros-Lipótváros
Description: Trattoria Toscana and it's adjacent L'enoteca Wine bar are beautifully located along the Danube river and offer you excellent, authentic Tuscan cuisine and top quality Italian and Hungarian wines. Our friendly, multi-lingual staff pay special attention to your needs and enjoy helping to create a pleasurable dining experience for you.Buon Apetito!
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food & Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

During our stay in Budapest we stayed in a top floor apartment in the next block which had a view directly onto the restaurant below. For the 8 days that we stayed in Budapest we ate at this restaurant on five of the evenings. Our first meal was plain and simple. For a starter we both decided on Bruscetta, which was excellent and included fresh and very tasty tomatoes with garlic and Olive oil on lightly toasted bread. I chose Spaghetti with olive oil and Garlic whilst my wife had a Risotto. I always find that these two simple meals will dictate to us the quality and standard of the food of the restaurant and whether we come back again. Needless to say the food was excellent. Freshly cooked, full of flavour and pasta cooked to perfection. My wife said the Risotto was the best she had tasted. We decided on a bottle of Gavi to accompany our food which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We chose to eat in the Wine Bar part of the restaurant and found the atmosphere to our liking. Service was efficient and professional with the young female waiter speaking good English. She told us that she was a Vegetarian, but still had a good grasp of the ingredients of each of our meals. We are planning on going back to Budapest in late Spring and we will once again head for this restaurant where I'm sure we will once again indulge in the delights of Italian food well cooked and presented.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Just authentic an great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Go there! fantasic italian food and great service. We had two starters, the carpaccio and the caprese salad, we asked for some extra truffle oil for the carpaccio and the waiter was back in two seconds. I had a pizza as well, but only a true Italian knows how to make a pizza with this much cheese and love :-)

Sao Paulo, SP
“Saved our New Years Evening in 2012!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always crossed by that place but we never stop by for a meal, even though my husband always mentioned we should try it. He is half Italian and for him there is no other favorite cuisine other than Italian, on my side, I try to avoid. No Italian restaurant is better than my father in law´s delicious pasta or pizza! But yesterday, our choice turned out in a delicious restaurant and a good suprise. I ordered Duck with Pomegranate Sauce and garlic spinach as garnish. My husband ordered a kind of Eggplant lasagna and bruscheta. The wine was a very good Hungarian Pinot Noir and this way we relaxed and enjoyed our last evening of 2012.
The waiters offered to everyone at the restaurant a free champagne glass for toasting at midnight and then the funniest part started.
The service and the food were outstanding!

Visited December 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just visited the restaurant recently, because I had good experince on food before, unless the service was poor earlier even. This time the food was not good as well. Pizza bread was burned, when I was asking for another, I get one, which was really too much salty. I ordered a pizza diavolo, which I received very cold, greasy and awful taste. It should be spicy, but it was not. When I told I do not like it, waiter changed my pizza to a simplier one, which was not bad, but I did not like the comment the staff made about me: "she is picky". Tiramisu was far too much wet, it was killed as well. I did not like the approach to explain to the guest, he or she is wrong, when the food is awful, waiter should not tell the italian salami taste like this, if I do not like it, then it is because I have never tasted it. Bad news, I have tasted it many times, I do really like it, when it is good quality one and not old like my grandmother... There are some good italian restaurants in the city, serving very tasty, spicy Pizza Diavolo, maybe not so fancy and not in the city center... Try another one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampere, Finland
“Excellent Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had read about this place in our tourist guide and arrived with big hopes. We had a 2-course traditional Italian dinner with risotto and spaghetti. Both were excellent. Maybe the Risotto was a bit too salty. It's a matter of taste so to someone it may have been just perfect. We had good wine with the dinner which made it even better since it was raining slush outside. The atmosphere was great. We were a bit early (around 5pm) so it was very quiet at the time but we noticed a bunch of reserved signs on other tables so I suspect the place is very crowded a bit later in the evening. If you want something different than traditional Hungarian food, consider having a great Italian dinner at Trattoria Toscana.

• Visited December 2012