“Great Tapas!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
USA/Mexico/Netherlands
“Great Tapas!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Friendly staff and great tapas, especially the octopus and gambas!! Decent wine list, and great sangria! Nice atmosphere lend to a relaxing night out!

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Portland, Maine
“Delicious restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The tapas were wonderful, the prices quite reasonable. Especially loved the spinach/ham/mushroom tapas. Tables available at lunchtime. Reservations seem to be needed at dinner.

Visited July 2013
san francisco
“Second visit confirms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place. It was my second attempt on this trip to really give it a chance , sadly likely my last. They are simply understaffed and the staff is likely underpaid for the level of business. Tapas here are good , wine good, and atmo is nice. Simply for the price and considering other amazing options nearby ... I cant say its a sure bet. Mind you I was alone, but that really should not matter. Slow and indifferent service will always make an otherwise good meal, subpar. I can only hope next year things might improve.

USA on occasion
“Hopeful for More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I came alone... was looking for a quick meal and was greeted with fair circumstance. The sky was still bright and an outdoor table near the window inviting... a hue of blue against a sheet street of excitement, hot and inviting...tables slowly being filled... Given the business, and the beauty of the evening I quickly choose my table such that I could observe the goings on. Sadly I quickly noticed that I wasn't sure they cared, or noticed me. My will and excitement about the space was not met with enthusiasm. And though much much later.... after requesting my first entrée/soup and drink... I was acknowledged. Of my own fault I had to change soups (I messed up with a hot choice of soup , cold Hungarian soups are the best in Summer) although they were not happy about the change of menu they acknowledged and changed (foolishly and to my my fault i asked for a hot soup , zucchini when cold tomato or strawberry for Hungarian cold soup lovers was the way to go, hungarian cold soups are a fantastic treat! ) ok so nows when it gets better... the patatas bravas were nice and almost perfect...spicy yet mild , crispy and good to go... the lambs cheek was as tender as a lambs cheek or well.... lets just say it was as close to the softness of any lamb most people have had. Next came some simply grilled squid in lemon parsley and garlic (in su plancha) ... damn good... wish i'd ordered that first actually. Anyhow... this place is really nice but needs some attention to detail. Considering the situation with the street , the hype etc. i know they are trying to get over this however, it is my opinion that the wait staff needs to as they say "step it up a notch" to make sure everyone is attended to quickly. Don't get me wrong you guys can be GREAT (in a caps) but for this year Pata Negra ... focus on your clientele whomever they are.... within this you have all the ingredients for success I have so much hope you can make this an outrageous success!

London, United Kingdom
“La Tasca in Hungary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

To British readers this restaurant is like the tapas chain la Tasca in the uk. The menu is very similar as is the quality of the food. We sat outside on what was a very pleasant evening. It's located on a busy main road, but the tables are ell back from the road.
The food was certainly authentic Spanish Tapas, but it was nothing special, lots of garlic. The service was fairly poor, in fairness there weren't enough staff and the staff they had were expert at avoiding direct eye contact.
The cost was average, not expensive about 40 quid for 6 tapas and one a half bottles of wine, but THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CARDS.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere