“Pasta!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
West End Center, Vaci Ut, Budapest, Hungary (Belváros-Lipótváros)
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Belváros-Lipótváros
Budapest
“Pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What I liked the most, is the pasta, which "home made" they make it on their own pasta machine, well, it's worth the time and the money. I wasn't entirely back-and-forth from their sauce, but, and it's a big BUT, I compare it to my sisters, so... but they were very nice, I enjoyed my evening meal a lot with my friends - recommended!

77% Recommend
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chisinau
“perfect atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

i liked everything about vapiano, starting from service and finishing with food. I remember when I was there for the first time, the thing with the cards amazed be because it never happened to me before. I also liked the jelly bears that you can take away after paying.

Visited February 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“good choise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a nice self service, or fast italian place. you wait long in line, but the price good and the pasta fresh. $10 averege.

Visited January 2013
Rehovot, Israel
“Great concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I actually went to Vapiano two days in a row. The first day I was in a hurry, saw the long lines for Pasta and decided to go for Pizza instead.

The pizza was good, made to order, enough extras and cheese and with a thin and crispy crust.

The next day I decided to return and chose the Con Carne Ravioli. I waited in line for 15 minutes till my turn arrived. I was asked which ingredients I want in the sauce and within minutes my dish was ready as orderrd. To my surprise it was INCREDIBLE. The raviolis were a bit too hard (I like it that way, but it was too much). The sauce however wad simply amazing.

Overall a great place and experience, cheap prices and friendly staff. English menu available,

Budapest, Hungary
“Fast, Flavorful and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We first encountered Vapiano in Tallinn, Estonia, and have since eaten at two of their Budapest locations -- this one and one in the MOM Park mall. Vapiano does pastas, salads and pizzas; we've sampled all of the above and found them all quite good. The pastas are especially fun, as they cook your dish to order right in front of you, and the prices are very reasonable. The settings are spacious and pleasant, and we've found them to be consistent in their execution.

The salads are uniformly good -- I'm partial to their Caesar -- and I prefer the pasta to their pizza, which features great crust, but is unexceptional otherwise. My personal favorite is their pasta carbonara, which is creamy and zesty.

It's more of a lunch and/or casual place -- no strolling violins or romance in the air, but the food is excellent for the price, and we always enjoy it.

• Visited January 2013