“Outstanding on all Levels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Klassz

Klassz
Andrassy ut. 41, Budapest 1061, Hungary (Andrássy út)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 2,467 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Hungarian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding on all Levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful early dinner at there outdoor seating looking out onto Andrassy.

Yes it is true this place does not take reservation and with that in mind you would think they would rush you along as quick as possible. That is not the case at all instead our serer took great time in care to explain all the specials and answer any questions we had.

As a starter we shared the duck Foie gras with beetroot puree it was delicious and prep us for our mains. I enjoyed a wonderful veal hunter style with potatoes dumplings the hunter sauce was done to perfection light and flavorful which added to the tenderness of the veal not over masking it. My wife's Pike perch served with a ragout of jasmine rice and shrimp was delicious too.

For dessert I enjoyed the chocolate mousse with rum and cherry sauce so good I wanted to order another but the misses quickly put a stop to that. So I helped finish her chocolate cake with homemade vanilla ice cream,

Klassz also offers a very excellent selection of wines which my wife enjoyed immensely again if you are not a wine expert or are not sure don't be afraid to ask for suggestions.

Overall a great meal in a great location with wonderful and attentive staff. Would go back tomorrow if I could.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank SEBESZ

Bruxelles
“A classy one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good food experience, after having eaten a lot of stuffs in Budapest I really needed something of good quality. Service is lovely and also the location. We took 2 soups, 2 main dishes (pork and venison), 2 desserts (this one in the glass pot and another cake with sunflower seeds, very local ones) and one bottle wine and in the end two digestives. Final price was 70 euros but I was very happy to pay this money, cause the dinner really worthed it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Luca F
London, United Kingdom
“nice meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice meal in bright contemporary surroundings. Wine was nice. Had butterfish but didnt know what it was until I checked when I got back home. It was very tasty but concerned in case it was Escolar. No ill effects. Lamb shanks a bit disappointing as not very moist and indifferent sauce. Prompt service and had a nice evening at this restaurant.

Visited January 2013
“Great wine and modern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Cosy but very contemporary place, serving excellent food and wine selection (also by the glass). Loved the red cabbage soup served from the coper soup bowl at the table.

Berkeley
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recommended before I left the states, by a friend of a friend in Budapest, this restaurant is right next door to the Alexandra Bookshop and is a lovely, small venue with an interesting menu and a nice wine list. The food was very good, as was the wine, and we were treated very well.

Visited November 2012