“Modern Design Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 331 hotels in Budapest
Gallarate, Italy
“Modern Design Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Rooms are clean and modern. It just took us 5 minutes to walk to the hop on hop off bus stop, the funiculare up to the buda castle and the chain bridge. It is excellent for its value. Our only regret is that we are unable to get the room facing the Danube river and chain bridge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

first I would like to thank you for writing this splendid review. We are really proud of our location, that is quiet but very close to all sites of the city. Next time we will help you find a deluxe room so you can see the Danube and the Pest side from your room.

Best regards,

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my brief weekend stay at the Lanchid 19 Hotel.

The staff were friendly and courteous and spoke impeccable English. Nothing was too much trouble and they were very happy to organise taxis, store luggage etc... I had a very early flight into Budapest and so arrived at the hotel at 10am, hoping to be able to store my suitcase, but they had already prepared my room and so I was able to check in straight away.

Breakfast was included and was both plentiful and delicious, with a nice quiet patio at the rear of the hotel.

The room was spacious and well-appointed. It's also very quiet! If you can, book a room facing the Danube as the hotel looks out onto the lion bridge and the houses of parliament and the views are great. It's also very handy for exploring the castle district and a short walk across the lion bridge brings you to the main commercial area of Budapest.

In short, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors with a river view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Martin,

thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is our pleasure to read you were satisfied with our location, staff, services and breakfast selection.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I will always remember the hotel for its lovely view of the Chain bridge. Budapest lights up beautifully at night. The staff at Lanchid 19 were mostly friendly and prompt with their service. The rooms were relatively clean but the bathroom is rather small. The pillows are also too soft and flat to sleep properly so I would not rate this hotel too highly for comfort. In addition, the electricity tripped and there was burning smoke smell the first morning I woke up in my room. The hotel tried to fixed the lighting from the bathroom which triggered the power outage for 30mins and it didn't work. They promptly arranged another room for me. I ended up walking in my PJs up and down the hotel getting my temporary room key as the new room was not ready. Then the jarring hotel alarm went off for 15 mins and I couldn't take the lift to the 5th floor and ended climbing the stairs. I reminded myself that I'm staying in a 4 star hotel and so should manage my expectations. The remaining days of my stay was fine. I tried the restaurant food at the second floor and I would say it was inconsistent with its quality and presentation. Breakfast was average but there were no additional charges for it. Overall, it was a decent value for the quality of stay and service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to face because of an electric problem. It was an accident, we have never had this problem in the lighting or electric system of the bathroom. My colleagues tried to do the best they could and finally could fix the problem, so by next day the room was ready for a guest. We had high occupancy those days that is why it was not easy to find a perfect room for you. I am happy to read you finally you had a nice stay and were satisfied with our hotel.

Sunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have stayed here before. The Lanchid is such a pleasant place to stay. Staff very helpful and extremely pleasant, rooms both castle& river view immaculate. Breakfast & restaurant very good. As well position is perfect, right on the Danube off the bridge, trams, bus stops & hop on hop off bus 50 meters away, short walk to castle & ride to castle , I prefer the Buda side to stay, no big crowds that come with big hotels on Pest side, Staff were really interested in our country and happy to tell us everything we asked about life in Hungary.

Room Tip: Choose either castle or river view whichever interests you, River view is magical morning and evenin...
Dear Helen,

thank you so much for your wonderful review and pointing out the advantages of the Buda side of the city. We definitely agree, Buda is the place where you can relax and reach the major attractions of the city in minutes. All our guests like the location of our hotel, having nice panorama from the rooms.
I will definitely share your review with our staff so they feel their efforts are valued.

Thank you again and I hope you will return soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Modern rooms, was an interesting contrast to the more traditional hotel and room we rented at Prague. Friendly staff. However, we did not get the room with the view, and were certainly disappointed that there was no kettle in the room for tea and coffee despite being a 4 star hotel.

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind review. I am sorry to read there was a misunderstading concerning the room view. Those are our deluxe rooms that face the Danube and have the nicest view. Our superior rooms face the Royal Castle, the standard rooms have limited view.
As for the kettles, they are basic fittings in the panorama suites, but our receptionists can offer them upon request.

I hope you will return and we can offer you a deluxe room.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Lanchid 19 was a great choice for a weekend in Busapest, it's located on the right side of the river. I like Buda better than Pest which is more touristy. Also the surroundings of the hotel offer great clubbing. The hotel staff is friendly and make the extra step to get you comfortable. The rooms are not too big but quirky, modern and have a design feel and offer great views of the city. The bathroom could do with a shower only, the big bathtub is not necessary and when you shower water goes everywhere, there are no curtains or screens. Breakfast offers a good choice, almost german and the best is price/quality relation; excellent. When you go rent a bike, great way of discovering this beautiful city.

Room Tip: River view and as high as possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

I am very glad to read you highlighted that the Buda side was better than Pest. Lanchid 19 hotel definitely agrees. If someone comes to take a rest of the busy everyday life, Buda is definitely a place to relax. Major attractions of the city are right in the neighbourhood or our hotel, for example you can reach the Royal Palace in 5 minutes on foot.

Thank you for your splendid comments concerning our staff, brekafast and design.

I hope you will return to us.

Best regards,

Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice location, not fare away from center, perfect view. Personal was friendly and nice, breakfast was good but was to pay separately, but no info about this.
My room was nice and clean. Was for me nice to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am glad you liked our breakfast selection. The fact that the breakfast is included or not included in the price is always indicated in the rate description. We will try to highlight it better to avoid confusions.

Thank you again for your prescious review.

Edit Rozsos

Been to Lanchid 19 Hotel? Share your experiences!