“Superb View and Good Value Hotel Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
Our neighbourhood renewed
Ranked #52 of 328 Hotels in Budapest
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb View and Good Value Hotel Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I will always remember the hotel for its lovely view of the Chain bridge. Budapest lights up beautifully at night. The staff at Lanchid 19 were mostly friendly and prompt with their service. The rooms were relatively clean but the bathroom is rather small. The pillows are also too soft and flat to sleep properly so I would not rate this hotel too highly for comfort. In addition, the electricity tripped and there was burning smoke smell the first morning I woke up in my room. The hotel tried to fixed the lighting from the bathroom which triggered the power outage for 30mins and it didn't work. They promptly arranged another room for me. I ended up walking in my PJs up and down the hotel getting my temporary room key as the new room was not ready. Then the jarring hotel alarm went off for 15 mins and I couldn't take the lift to the 5th floor and ended climbing the stairs. I reminded myself that I'm staying in a 4 star hotel and so should manage my expectations. The remaining days of my stay was fine. I tried the restaurant food at the second floor and I would say it was inconsistent with its quality and presentation. Breakfast was average but there were no additional charges for it. Overall, it was a decent value for the quality of stay and service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to face because of an electric problem. It was an accident, we have never had this problem in the lighting or electric system of the bathroom. My colleagues tried to do the best they could and finally could fix the problem, so by next day the room was ready for a guest. We had high occupancy those days that is why it was not easy to find a perfect room for you. I am happy to read you finally you had a nice stay and were satisfied with our hotel.

Edit Rozsos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have stayed here before. The Lanchid is such a pleasant place to stay. Staff very helpful and extremely pleasant, rooms both castle& river view immaculate. Breakfast & restaurant very good. As well position is perfect, right on the Danube off the bridge, trams, bus stops & hop on hop off bus 50 meters away, short walk to castle & ride to castle , I prefer the Buda side to stay, no big crowds that come with big hotels on Pest side, Staff were really interested in our country and happy to tell us everything we asked about life in Hungary.

Room Tip: Choose either castle or river view whichever interests you, River view is magical morning and evenin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen,

thank you so much for your wonderful review and pointing out the advantages of the Buda side of the city. We definitely agree, Buda is the place where you can relax and reach the major attractions of the city in minutes. All our guests like the location of our hotel, having nice panorama from the rooms.
I will definitely share your review with our staff so they feel their efforts are valued.

Thank you again and I hope you will return soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Modern rooms, was an interesting contrast to the more traditional hotel and room we rented at Prague. Friendly staff. However, we did not get the room with the view, and were certainly disappointed that there was no kettle in the room for tea and coffee despite being a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind review. I am sorry to read there was a misunderstading concerning the room view. Those are our deluxe rooms that face the Danube and have the nicest view. Our superior rooms face the Royal Castle, the standard rooms have limited view.
As for the kettles, they are basic fittings in the panorama suites, but our receptionists can offer them upon request.

I hope you will return and we can offer you a deluxe room.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Lanchid 19 was a great choice for a weekend in Busapest, it's located on the right side of the river. I like Buda better than Pest which is more touristy. Also the surroundings of the hotel offer great clubbing. The hotel staff is friendly and make the extra step to get you comfortable. The rooms are not too big but quirky, modern and have a design feel and offer great views of the city. The bathroom could do with a shower only, the big bathtub is not necessary and when you shower water goes everywhere, there are no curtains or screens. Breakfast offers a good choice, almost german and the best is price/quality relation; excellent. When you go rent a bike, great way of discovering this beautiful city.

Room Tip: River view and as high as possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

I am very glad to read you highlighted that the Buda side was better than Pest. Lanchid 19 hotel definitely agrees. If someone comes to take a rest of the busy everyday life, Buda is definitely a place to relax. Major attractions of the city are right in the neighbourhood or our hotel, for example you can reach the Royal Palace in 5 minutes on foot.

Thank you for your splendid comments concerning our staff, brekafast and design.

I hope you will return to us.

Best regards,

Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice location, not fare away from center, perfect view. Personal was friendly and nice, breakfast was good but was to pay separately, but no info about this.
My room was nice and clean. Was for me nice to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am glad you liked our breakfast selection. The fact that the breakfast is included or not included in the price is always indicated in the rate description. We will try to highlight it better to avoid confusions.

Thank you again for your prescious review.

Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Fantastic views over the Danube to begin with, and thoughtful attentive staff at all times. Very comfortable room with all amenities and a sparkling shower and bathroom. Excellent food, good service and certainly not the most expensive in the city! A short walk across the famous chain bridge to landmarks such as the Hungarian Academy and the shopping streets and so many restaurants and bars leaves you spoiled for choice. Another short walk, a cliff railway and there is the magnificent castle. I cannot think of any hotel in a more beautiful and convenient location.

Room Tip: A river view is stunning if you can get one (though be prepared for a main road between you and the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your wonderful review. Our location and the view from our rooms are definitely one of our big advantages. Most famous sites are within walking distance from Lanchid 19 hotel either on the Buda or on the Pest side of the city.

I hope you liked Budapest and will come back.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed two nights in one of the castle facing double rooms, which was lovely (clean, not too small, nice balcony) but we spent the last night in one of the river facing suites, and it was AMAZING! The terrace is huge and has simply the best views of Budapest we saw all holiday - no need to trek up any hills for this one! The room is massive and has a hot tub which was really fun. Generally speaking the hotel is great as well. The lunch and dinner we had were delicious, the breakfast is ok too (but maybe not as good as everything else). And the staff were really, really lovely. All in all a good egg of a hotel!

Room Tip: Honestly, we think some of the best views of Budapest are from Room L2 in the Lanchid 19 Hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizzy and Mat,

I am so glad you liked both types of rooms, the one facing the Castle and the one facing the Danube. I definitely agree, our panorama suites offer the best view of Budapest, even from the jakuzzi bathtub. It is also a pleasure to read you have liked our restaurant's menu.

Thank you very much for your splendid review and I hope you will return to us.

Edit Rozsos

Been to Lanchid 19 Hotel? Share your experiences!