“Amazing food and lots of it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and lots of it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We visited this restaurant after seeing the reviews on TA and was not disappointed. The flat bread and pate was amazing. The portions were so big that we only managed the 2 starters so we will be going there again to try the main courses which looked superb. The gardens were very stylish and really well designed great place to have a romantic meal. It was mid range price £25 for the 2 starter and a decent bottle of wine - well worth the price.....

• Hungarian first
Cairo, Egypt
“Very good food with a nice garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had a very delicious and filling dinner but be warned potions are huge. We had some of the best foe gras and flat bread. The garden is nice and so was the atmosphere. The service was okay by Hungarian standard. So definitely worth a try.

“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stumbled across this place and it was a great find! Really relaxing garden area, perfect for an afternoon get away. We only got a few lemonades (which are so good) and some bread but even they were fantastic. Really rate this place, go check it out!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent food at completely reasonable prices. Wonderful atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Vintage garden was a delightful find in Budapest! We stopped in after walking by and simply liking the look from the street. We couldn't sit in the outdoor courtyard in the back so sat inside - which was great but I would definitely try to sit outside next time we come because it looks adorable! - and had the most delicious meal! From the table bread with delicious spiced spread to the pasta and flat bread style pizzas - everything was extremely tasty. The portions were generous. I also had a salmon spread that was a special that evening and loved it. The prices - very reasonable. For a beer and sofa, a flat bread type pizza, pasta dish, and salmon spread between 2 people - it cost about $30. The service was excellent and decor of the restaurant was trendy and hip. We will DEFINITELY be back on our way back through Budapest. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“Beautiful enterieur, but annoying service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

In the middle of Budapest there is a moderate little place called Vintage Garden. At first sight you fell in love with the decoration, but there are problems.

If you're as found of that kind of old cottage english style as I am, don't be surprised if you can't say a word for the first few minutes after entering this restaurant. As it is, it's always crowded, so reservations should be made as quickly as you can, because it's always on full.

I tried this place with my parents and my boyfriend, and as it came out, it is a very cosy and friendly environment. But. I will never understand how can that be: a very nice restaurant, with a not-so-special, but a likeable menu - and annoying, rude, and uppish waiters. It does not give any right to be like that in this kind of service, not even if your restaurant is always full. No smile, insolent talk, not too polite and no way you can call them darling.

For the meals. We wanted to order a starter which was some kind of bakery, but they run out. We wanted to eat dessert, they run out (out of 3 kinds of desserts, they only had 2). We ordered 4 meal, and they served in the forst round only 3 of them, because the waiter forgot what we ordered, so we had to wait a few more minutes until the fourth meal arrived. I took the Vintage Garden Burger (these days I'm really into burgers anyway). What was special about this burger was the goat cheese in it: which made the whole meat, bun, onion and coleslaw taste like cheese. Looked very little for the first look, but than it was more than enough portion. Serving was very nice though, but wasn't the best burger I ever tasted.

I would return to this place, but with lower expectations. If I wanted to have a girly night, or a romantic cuddling with my partner, I would give another try, but if the service maintain on this kind of level, I'd consider to go there again, as the meal is not prominent, just the decor.

• Visited July 2014