I stayed for 3 nights in late Jan 2009.
The hotel has a good -- not great -- location. The great locations are along the river on the Pest side, near the Chain Bridge (Gresham, Sofitel). Period. Any other location can be good, but those are the great locations. This hotel is directly on the river, within walking distance of some sights and near a metro station. So, I say it is a good location.
The hotel is typical Novotel and -- from the interior -- you could be anywhere in Europe. Stylish and modern, with adequate but not large sized rooms.
Good in room audiovisual system with in room movies.
The in room internet was free from the wired port -- I did not try WiFi.
Good mini bar with booze and sodas and chocolate.
I ordered room service twice. I thought it was good. Service was good too.
The rooms are quiet and the shower is good.
In lobby breakfast was included in my room rate, so I had it every morning. It was good. A big selection with juices and coffee. The in lobby breakfast area has an excellent view of the Danube and the Parliament building.
(I have attached photos of a typical room -- Room 203).
The only flaw I experienced was that smoking is allowed in the lobby area -- it is hard to escape if you are in the bar or breakfast area.
So, this is an excellent business hotel. If you are coming for a romantic experience or if location or an in hotel spa / live entertainment is important, try the Meridian near Deak Ter. If you want comfort, good service and a good price, try this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Budapest Danube Hotel
- Novotel Budapest Danube Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Danube
- Novotel Budapest
- Budapest Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Budapest Danube is the perfect hotel for a holiday or short break in Budapest. This 4 star hotel on the Buda side of the city, between Margaret Bridge and Chain Bridge, overlooks the Danube and the Parliament. Walk just 10 minutes to the stunning World Heritage Buda Castle or a weekend of fantastic shopping in the cosmopolitan city centre. Enjoy the hotel restaurant and bar and unwind in our gym and sauna. The hotel is fully accessible for guests with limited mobility. Onsite parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Budapest Danube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.