“Excellent apartments” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 169 Budapest B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were so impressed when we opened the door into our apartment. A full working kitchen, large living room with TV, two bedrooms, shower room and bathroom PLUS a balcony. Everything was clean, well looked after, and felt a bit like an Ikea showroom - but in a good way! As there were 5 of us, we did have to use the sofa as a bed, but is was massive and still comfortable. All the apartments look down into a central courtyard, which can sometimes be noisey in the evening if there are groups heading out on the town (but not at a late hour, as most people will have gone out by then). Seems like the opposite side of the apartments have Hungarian residents, you could sometimes hear them in the morning but it's nothing really worth complaining about. Great location, as only about 15-20 mins walk to centre of the city, or a 2 min walk to the metro station. The staff are extremely helpful, and speak great English. Would recommend to groups of friends travelling.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Recommended for a group of travellers. Very helpful staff. Decent location. Fantastic value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed in this apartment for 4 nights in July 2011.When i first saw this room I was amazed!It was very clean,the bathroom was big,the towels were also clean. The service was excellent. I asked the reception how to get to the Lanchid and the castle Budai. He explained it very well. I highly recommend this place for everyone who comes to Budapest. Big comfortable rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2012. I had stayed at another apartment and an aparthotel during my trip and quite liked the automony that they give. However, I wasn't prepared for this when I arrived.

The room I got was a whole apartment - the other ones I'd had on my trip were single rooms with a kitchenette and bathroom. This place had a bedroom, bathroom, separate toilet, large living room with sofas and dining table, an adjacent kitchen and a balcony!

Location is pretty good, it's close to public transport, and 10-15 mins walk to the river. There's lots of bars/restaurants in the area so plenty to keep busy at night without going to far. Although it didn't bother me, my room faced the street and although double glazed, it wasn't silent at night - you could hear people on the street going between bars.

The extras that come with the apartment are also pretty good - they do free laundry, free bike hire, free walking tours (which I forgot about, or I would've done one) and all the staff I spoke with were super friendly and helpful. They also have an internet terminal in their office and an iPad which you can use for free whenever they're open.

Really enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay again next time I'm in Budapest.

The only slight downside for me was that the internet was a bit ropey sometimes. A few times the WiFi dropped a lot for apparently no reason. There were 3 separate networks I could connect to, so I could usually pick up another one if one wasn't working, but as I was doing a bit of work that required an internet connection, it was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My sister and I stayed a week in this excellent apartment rental while exploring beautiful Budapest. Very friendly and very helpful staff - with special thanks to Zoli and Kriszti.The apartments are well equipped (furniture from IKEA - which is fine for a weeks stay), Very clean and overall attractive accomodations. Our apartment came with at nice, spaceous terrace/balcony, overlooking a little garden, Apartments centrally located for whatever you want to do in Budapest with restaurants, great shopping and all sorts of public transportation close by. Before I forget - great value for your money as well. We will definately stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Myself and two friends have recently returned from a midweek getaway in Budapest. We booked a one bedroom suite/apartment for a great rate (Split between us it was only a few £'s more than a hostel).

The location is brilliant! Just off the 'main strip' into the centre of Pest, loads of restaurants, bars, libraries/book shops (I've never seen so many!) 24 hour food shops (even on public holidays). If you are a Brit travelling, don't get excited by the Tesco just round the corner, we were there for four days and it was open once.

We booked the taxi (through their website) from the airport to the apartment and vice versa. The drivers didn't speak much English but knew the basics (which for our uselessness at speaking Hungarian, was excellent!) The fixed 20Eur fee is also pretty competitive.

We checked in, staff were very welcoming, for some reason even offering us coffee or hot chocolate (even though it was 30C outside). We were originally sent to the wrong apartment (601), then found out it was apartment 106. Opened up the porch door to find a spacious living area, followed by a corridor with 4 doors. We ended up with a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom apartment (at a push it could sleep 10!). There were enough IKEA sofa beds to stock a small shop!

It says there are tea and coffee facilities in the apartments. Well, there are, but only if you bring your own coffee filters and your own cups (unless you like drinking out of cups the size of shot glasses!).

The rest of the apartment was clean, but not 'hotel' clean, more 'home' clean.

Great shower but for some reason the shower curtain stops half way round the tub, meaning the toilet and floor become a pond. If you are over 3 foot you will have to hold the shower head above you.

Other than that, pretty good!

(P.S: There is a dog, who lives in one of the private apartments there who WILL come wandering into the apartment, friendly enough though.)

(P.P.S: The door to get into the apartment block from the street (next to mono bar) is very tricky, unless you know how. On your apartment key you will have a grey tag, just wave this all over the key pad to the left of the door and it will open (I've seen a few people mention this before so I thought I would add this!)

Room Tip: Apartment 106 is lovely! Treat the staff as you would like to be treated. *Handy tip from someone wh...