“Great place for specific kind of turist” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Locust Tree Apartments

You added Locust Tree Apartments to your Saves list
Locust Tree Apartments
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Akacfa utca 26, Budapest 1074, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)   |
Ranked #28 of 176 Budapest B&B and Inns
“Great place for specific kind of turist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great place, the personnel was amazing and very helpfull, this hotel was kind of far from what o expected , i wasnt traveling woth that purpose but ot was great , i would refomend it if you travel with a family

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bukarest, Bucuresti, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Hey! I stayed at Locust Tree Apartments in february 2012 and i want to say that me and my 4 friends had a great surprise. We actually reserved a 2 bedroom apartment and they give us a penthouse in witch could stayed 7 persons very confortable, with 2 bedrooms, 2 livings, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies. very nice. and the apartments are very spacious, modern and with everything tou need in the kitchen. it's located in the centre of Budapest, at 15 minutes of walking from Vaci utca and the Danube.Really beutifull. the personnel was more than nice, helped us with all the information we needed. so, i will definitely return in Budapest! all best!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed at these apartments with 4 friends in march 2012. We had a 2 bedroomed apartment and we were all very impressed with the apartment. Two good sized bedrooms and a large sofa bed in the living room.
It was spacious, clean and the facilities were all in working order.
The staff were all helpful and friendly and gave good recommendations of where to eat and drink. What sites to see. And how to go about doing things the best way.
Could not actually believe how cheap these apartments were. Excellent value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I chose Locust Tree Apartments based on the reviews here and the photos on their website. This was a mistake. The positive reviewers of this site must have been younger and more adventurous. I can imagine, if I were younger, travelling with my peers, liking this place. But now that I am older and wiser and travelling with an older and wiser crowd, these apartments are not the best.

The one bright spot about these apartments was the service. The man in the receptionist was quite helpful. He did not try to sugarcoat the situation. Let me explain:
1. The area surrounding the apartment didn't look the safest. Since I was driving a rental, I had apprehensions about parking it free on the streets. They do have paid parking but it was located in the basement garage of the building next door, Since I was travelling with my elderly mother who cannot walk too far, and since we were checking out very early the next morning, using this paid parking just posed a mountain of complications. The man in the reception could have scared me into paying 10 euro for their paid parking but he spent a long time telling me that my car will, most likely, be safe. Don't get me wrong, 10 euro is not much for parking. It was just the hassle of dragging luggage, a wheelchair, 2 dogs, to an apartment in another building, plus what to do with keys, etc. upon checking out at 6 am. As it turned out, I used the paid parking garage next to the front door. It was closer, cheaper, and the guys working there were most helpful.
2. I was having problems turning on the cooker. Even though the receptionist was alone in the office, he took the time to come over to show me how to turn it on.
3. He gave me all possible ways to connect to the internet, just in case their internet connection got low reception.

Now for the negatives:
1. I already mentioned the area. It wasn't the safest. To the left of our apartment was an empty lot used for parking. The view from the back was a rundown dilapidated building.
2. The apartment that was given to us was on the 1st floor. Upon seeing the apartment for the first time, the bars on the windows did not restore my confidence in this place. Neither did the broken door lock.
3. There were cigarette butts in the hallway just outside the front door. Yuck!
4. Upon entering the just cleaned apartment, I smelled an old used filthy pungent rag odor which got stronger when I entered the bathroom.
5. The dining room chairs were rickety. I was afraid a number of them would break. It's a good thing I lost weight.
6. The remote of the TV did not work well. I could turn the TV on but the off button was damaged. I couldn't find the on/off switch on the TV itself so I had to unplug the TV every time I wanted to turn it off.
7. Both mattresses were lumpy and very uncomfortable to sleep in. My mother slept on the sofa.
8. The walls were quite dirty. It looked like teenagers just had a drunken party there the night before, spilling beer and food on the walls.

All in all, as my mother said, the place has potential, but as it was at that time, I would not go back to these apartments.

Room Tip: NOT apartment 101
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

we arrived to the apartment late at night after our flight was delayed by two hours,the taxi we booked through the apartment was waiting for us and took us straight there,the apartments are in a great location as across the road is a pub with live music,2 bars wit dancing and a turkish kebab house open 24hrs for the after pub kebab! there ws a supermarket too open 24 hrs if you needed anything.also there were 2 great and cheap restaurants next door!!
the apartments were spotlessly clean and had tv,dvd player and fridge if you fancy a night in after a night partying! we were there for only 2 nights so didnt stay in,but could of and hada good night.
easy to get to places as tram 2 and 4 would take you to the danube,you can change there fro tran 2 to the palace and gelert bridge and central market,.
budapest is a fab city and everything is cheap!
any questions feel free to email me! thomasanchovie@yahoo.co.uk

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Found this little gem through Expedia and was not disappointed at all.

As first time visitors to Budapest it was easy to get to from the metro station although the address we went to then redirected us to their office just down the street.

Check in was quick and the girl also helped us out with suggestions of where to get a drink ( and also gave us a complimentary block of Milka) as well as pointing out things to see around the city.

The apartment we stayed in was a 1 bedroom apartment for up to 3 people in a secure and modern complex.
All the furniture was modern, linen provided was clean, and a small kitchen with all the things you need to put together a basic meal.
Heating throughout was adjustable and the apartment had a decent hot shower although on our last day we had no hot water which no one came to notify us about.

We had a great time and it was nice to be able to come back and relax after exploring the city all day.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Even the apartment was big, it was verry cold and dirty; the apartment deeply need a paint; if you book an apartment with kitchen you expect to find an equipped one.Even it has the same manager of Nova apartments it's a big diffent between them.

Room Tip: The apartment 705 was miserable
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family