“Best hotel in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

You added Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt. 9 - 11, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Formerly Boscolo New York Palace Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #16 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
São Paulo
“Best hotel in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my second time in the hotel, still pretty the same, although changed the name to the Boscolo's Group. I believe is more luxurious but kept good prices. Rooms are big, very confortable and very clean, very good quality of sleep. Main problem it is that is far from the main stores, restaurants and turistic places.

One of the best deals in Budapest, the former New York Palace Hotel is a city's landmark, don't miss the chance to have a dinner in this spetacular hotel, once again the FOIE GRAS with TOKAJ wine was an indescribable experience.

Room Tip: Get rooms to the center of the hotel and higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'AlexJunqueira1970',

First and foremost thank you for choosing Boscolo Budapest again. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated! I hope you had a great time with us and you enjoyed Budapest as well.
Please be assured that we are delighted to welcome you back anytime.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel looks lovely, but that where the good things stop. The staff are border-line rude, the facilities are either non-existant or need maintenance.
As a Gold Marriot Rewards member I was given an automatic room upgrade -to a superior room.
This was nice at first sight- a large room with a large fancy bath / shower section.
However, the room lacked what, for me, are basics of any high-end hotel. No complementary bottled water. (Only two tiny and overpriced bottles in the mini-bar) No tea/coffee facilites. No iron/ironing board to give your creased clothes a quick refresh.
The bed had a strange and somewhat meagre pillow set up.
My TV popped and clicked all the time.
When I decided to have a shower, I tried to switch it on and instead of flowing down in a cascade, it sprayed everywhere. As I didn't want to wet my hair, having washed it earlier in the day, I opted to have a bath instead. Once I figured out how the 'taps' worked I anticipated a nice soak in a hot bath. Unfortunately after a little while the hot water turned into warm water. I switched off the cold and had to make do with a warm, rather than a hot bath. (No hot water? In a so-called five star hotel??) Once in the tub, a lay back to relax and heard the gurgling of the water draining down the plug. I checked that the plug was set to closed and gave it a push to make sure it was as 'closed' as possible. No change. Water still gurgling away down the drain. Not at all relaxing.
Breakfast was a huge disappointment. With no tea/ coffee facilities in the room, I really looked forward to my morning cup of tea.
I arrived at the breakfast area (after nervously navigating stone stairs with no railings) to be literally shouted at by the person at the desk. I'm early middle aged, but didn't think I looked so decrepit that the staff would assume I had hearing problems! After giving my room number and being told - in a shout- that I would be taken to 'a nice table' I was taken to a tiny, stained table for one. (Nice? Would hate to see what a normal table looked like.) An officious looking man then came over to take my order for drinks - this is the usual practice in hotels so I know the drill. I asked for English Breakfast tea.
'We have Earl Grey, Chamomile, Rasberrry etc etc' he replied. 'No,' I said, 'I would like black tea. Ordinary English Breakfast tea.' I was then told, no, they don't have it. (Serioulsy? No English Breakfast tea? Really? There is a supermarket about 170 meters from the hotel. I was tempted to ask the 'waiter' to pop over and buy me some tea, but realised this would not be taken well. After all, I was clearly being 'difficult' wanting the kind of tea that is completely standard fare in most parts of the English speaking world!
I then went off to my office in the city and called the hotel. I requested that I have an iron and ironing board and some bottled water available in my room for when I returned later in the day.
I don't have high hopes that this will be achieved.
What a sad reflection on a 'five star' hotel.

Back to the Marriot Hotel for me.
I will never choose the Boscolo Budapest again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'Ninjigirl',

Thank you for sraying with us and thank you for your valued feedback. Please accept my apologies for our service not living up to your expectations and to our standards. I would kindly like to assure that we reviewed the circumstances preventing us from providing an excellent experience and we do our best to avoid any recurrence.

Certainly I remain at your disposal may we discuss the issues you experienced and find a way to win your trust back in Boscolo Budapest.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We enjoyed our week in the Boscolo, which soon became home from home. Days spent exploring beautiful Budapest were made even better by the quality offered by the hotel: it's superbly appointed, the rooms are spacious and attractive, and although the hotel is on a busy boulevard, once you enter the spacious (and justly oft-photographed) atrium, all is peace and quiet. The staff are at least professional and often more, the breakfast spread (in no less than the New York Cafe) are probably unbeatable, and downstairs is a very smart Spa - we enjoyed several treatments there, and can attest to the very high standards maintained there. Some reviews have suggested that the Boscolo us a little away from the main sites - that's a plus for me, and with a metro station over the road (and with central Budapest being easy to get around of foot) you are never far from anything. Couple of minus points (and they don't really impact on the overall experience) - less piano music in the foyer would be good, and there are some design quirks in the rooms that could be thought out better - towel rails would help, for example. But don't let that put you off the boscolo - we will be back in Budapest before long and we wouldn't consider looking elsewhere - it's a magnificent hotel in a magnificent city.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a room with an accessible shower - ours was fabulous, but a bit...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest 'RobJP'

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and I do appreciate your kind feedback.
I'm glad to see that overall Boscolo Budapest lived up to your expectations and we could provide a service that eased your stay in Budapest. It's also nice to see that our hotel facilities - especially our SPA - proved to be helpful and could give a plus to your experience. Finally let me thank you your constructive remarks as well, we will keep them in mind to be able to develop.

Certainly we would be delighted to welcome you back anytime.

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Early November we enjoyed 4 nights here. Our room was large and comfortable. Service was excellent without being in your face. Location was good with public transport and hop on hop off at the door. Breakfast was a special treat. Our one minor problem was sorted promptly and efficiently. We would certainly stay again and highly reccomend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest 'MockerkinEd'

Thank you very much for your balanced feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a nice time with us and I'm delighted to see that our hotel met your expectations.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Boscolo Budapest. Very friendly staff, great spa area and located in the city centre. You will probably find cheaper options for spa outside Boscolo, but it is very convenient just walking in your robe to tje spa.

Dear Vaued Guest 'Rockesokker',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you very much for your really kind feedback. I hope we can welcome you back next time as well.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. And the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We highly recommend a stay at this hotel. We have been for a 4 night stay in Budapest with 4 friends and had a lovely time. I like tea and coffee making facilities in my room which is the only thing missing on arrival. When i was asked at reception if there is anything that can be improved at the hotel I said about the this and by the time we got back from a day out, they had been delivered to my room and topped up every day. Wonderful.
The spa facilities at the hotel are free and beautiful. The hotel breakfast is everything you could want, including sparking wine and bucksfiz. (Which was a lovely start to our day). The stop for the hop-on-hop-off sight seeing bus is just a few meters from the hotel door and the hotel is in a really good position for walking about. Also we recommend going to the Cafe Bouchon restaurant for an evening meal. It's a taxi drive from the hotel but well worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest 'Clm1960',

Thank you for your precious time spent on providing your nice feedback about your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest. It's my pleasure to see that overall you and your friends had an enjoyable experience in our hotel. I hope we will have the chance to welcome back in Boscolo.

Kinag ENGELBRECHT - General Manager
kisjulya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great hotel, one of the best we stayed at. Great value for the money. Locations is little out of the center but metro is very close and taxi is very inexpensive. Rooms are large and beautiful. Bathrooms are huge and clean. We asked for a quiet room and got exactly what we asked for, no problems. Reception staff is super friendly and helpful.
One thing I was totally unhappy about were that they use very expensive taxi service at the hotel. We asked for a cab to go the airport and were accommodated with a nice Mercedes that cost us double of what we paid from the airport to the hotel. He did not even bother to turn on the meter. So if they would adjust this little unpleasant situation would be perfect.
Can't say anything about breakfast because we did not eat at the restaurant. There are plenty of little bakeries and street cafes where you can get pretty decent cup of coffee and some pretty good pastries that reminded me of my mom's cooking.

Dear Valued Guest 'kisjulya',

Thank you for staying in Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection, your kind words are highly appreaciated! I am happy to see that you were satisfied with your room and our front desk team lived up to your expectations.
Regarding the problem with our taxi service I would like to assure you that we will investigate the mentioned disservice and than we will take the neccessary action to avoide similar situations in the future.

Kinga Engelbrecht - General Manager

Been to Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!