We enjoyed our week in the Boscolo, which soon became home from home. Days spent exploring beautiful Budapest were made even better by the quality offered by the hotel: it's superbly appointed, the rooms are spacious and attractive, and although the hotel is on a busy boulevard, once you enter the spacious (and justly oft-photographed) atrium, all is peace and quiet. The staff are at least professional and often more, the breakfast spread (in no less than the New York Cafe) are probably unbeatable, and downstairs is a very smart Spa - we enjoyed several treatments there, and can attest to the very high standards maintained there. Some reviews have suggested that the Boscolo us a little away from the main sites - that's a plus for me, and with a metro station over the road (and with central Budapest being easy to get around of foot) you are never far from anything. Couple of minus points (and they don't really impact on the overall experience) - less piano music in the foyer would be good, and there are some design quirks in the rooms that could be thought out better - towel rails would help, for example. But don't let that put you off the boscolo - we will be back in Budapest before long and we wouldn't consider looking elsewhere - it's a magnificent hotel in a magnificent city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budapest 5 star luxury hotel Boscolo is located on Grand Boulevard, in the Budapest city center. Perfect for business travel or a relaxing weekend in Budapest, with the most luxurious and spacious rooms among 5 star hotels in Budapest. All Budapest attractions are within easy reach on foot (Budapest Opera House, Szechenyi Bath, Andrassy Boulevard) or with underground and tram just meters from the hotel (Buda Castle, Danube River, Budapest Parliament). The Neoclassical Palace, built in 19th century feature compelling Italian furniture and fabrics, highest quality of marbles, Murano chandeliers and silk wallpaper. The hotel's heart is the world famous New York Cafe with its wonderful frescoes and gilded stucco columns. The Salon fine dining restaurant offers a fantastic gourmet experience while the elegant Bar provides refreshing drinks and live piano music. After a day and enjoying the Budapest weather (we hope!), there's no better place to relax than the unique Boscolo Spa with wide selection of treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest