This hotel has the wow factor. So did the service. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a junior suite - a wonderful surprise and a beautiful suite. There was an offer on the weekend package for this trip also, and upon checking in, we were given a voucher for special rate on a spa treatment. My partner and I each had a massage, and Susan, the masseuse was excellent, especially as she was due to finish work for the day, but stayed for another 3 hours to oblige. Very much appreciated and brilliant massage.
In the evening, I attended a hen do in the incredibly beautiful NewYork Cafe - what a stunning setting! The food was generally good, but many of us felt it was luke warm and 1 or 2 sent theirs back. My partner ordered room service, a burger, which was also luke warm and he found it disappointing. On this basis, we did not order the breakfast. That said, the bride and groom, who were also staying at the hotel enjoyed their New York Breakfast, which was huge.
We had free use of the spa although the pool was not working all weekend, due to maintenance and on the monday, the sauna was not on. All in all, a fabulous hotel, but perhaps they should look at the food service ... and ensure general spa facilties are available? I would still recommend this hotel though, and check out other Boscolo hotels based on the standard of this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budapest 5 star luxury hotel Boscolo is located on Grand Boulevard, in the Budapest city center. Perfect for business travel or a relaxing weekend in Budapest, with the most luxurious and spacious rooms among 5 star hotels in Budapest. All Budapest attractions are within easy reach on foot (Budapest Opera House, Szechenyi Bath, Andrassy Boulevard) or with underground and tram just meters from the hotel (Buda Castle, Danube River, Budapest Parliament). The Neoclassical Palace, built in 19th century feature compelling Italian furniture and fabrics, highest quality of marbles, Murano chandeliers and silk wallpaper. The hotel's heart is the world famous New York Cafe with its wonderful frescoes and gilded stucco columns. The Salon fine dining restaurant offers a fantastic gourmet experience while the elegant Bar provides refreshing drinks and live piano music. After a day and enjoying the Budapest weather (we hope!), there's no better place to relax than the unique Boscolo Spa with wide selection of treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Venere, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest