We stayed at the Boscolo for 6 nights for our Honeymoon and we could not fault anything. We were upgraded to a superior room and given complimentary cake on arrival which was a really nice touch.
the room was very spacious and made staying for 6 nights incredibly easy. as other reviews have mentioned the hotel is on a very busy main road but you can hardly hear anything and the beds are so comfy and big.
it was great to have spa facilities to use daily which was included in the price of the stay. we treated ourselves to a treatment offer which was 75min and around £40 . it was very relaxing and reasonably priced.
the breakfasts were fantastic buffet breakfast with everything you could possibly want including bottles of prosecco. one morning there was a live string quartet playing which was amazing.
the hotel itself is incredible - like many other reviews you do have to see it yourself to believe it. the first night we ate in the New York cafe - the food was lovely and not too expensive considering. they also bring you fresh homemade bread and butter to the table which was very tasty. we also had a cocktail one night in the bar - very cool decor with a pianist playing requests. however we only had the one cocktail here as they were about £10 each and there are much cheaper places in Budapest to drink.
the hotel staff were very friendly and knowledgeable - much better than the staff at the tourist info.
we are so glad we decided to stay here for our honeymoon - we felt fantastic in this grand hotel it was like being on the Titanic.
we also loved Budapest - there was so much to see and do and we had plenty of time to enjoy the sights at a leisurely pace. i would definitely recommend going to a thermal spa - we went to Szechenyi baths and it was fabulous.
I will definitely be thinking of coming back here for our Anniversary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary New York Palace is the rethinking of the original edifice built in 1894 by the creative ideas of Maurizio Papiri and Ádám Tihanyi D. The building has an eclectic style relying on the Italian renaissance and baroque however modern contemporary interior design has gained ground in the formation of inner spaces creating one of the most dignified hotels within the Boscolo Group. The opulent splendour of New York Palace can be recognized not only in forms but materials as well. The most accented part of the impressive building is the ground floor Café with its 16 devilish fauns and - "El Ashmodai" the ancient figure of coffee and meditation - holding the lantern in such style and propagating the spirituality of the New York Café. All marbles, textiles and furnishings for the Hotel come from the original home of style and design: Italy. Inner spaces are decorated with bronze statues the ceiling with the marvellous original panel paintings of Gusztáv Mannhemer and Ferenc Eisenhut in the halls. Available for guests: 24 hours room service, luxury chauffeur service, baby-sitter service, rent a car, internet access, secretary service, business centre. In the accelerated world of today there is a need for such a place where one can rest & relax and enjoy the beneficial result of various special treatments. The outside world can be totally excluded whilst in the Spa and guests can indulge themselves in treatments promising "eternal life" with the help of professional masseurs and therapists. Situated on the first floor of the hotel, the five conference rooms and our Ball Room are holding the most up-to-date of audio-visual equipment. Appropriate to arrange any kind of, meeting, conference, training program, cocktail parties or business dinner... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel, Splendia, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest