“Amazing hotel perfect for our Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt. 9 - 11, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Formerly Boscolo New York Palace Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 332 hotels in Budapest
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel perfect for our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Boscolo for 6 nights for our Honeymoon and we could not fault anything. We were upgraded to a superior room and given complimentary cake on arrival which was a really nice touch.
the room was very spacious and made staying for 6 nights incredibly easy. as other reviews have mentioned the hotel is on a very busy main road but you can hardly hear anything and the beds are so comfy and big.
it was great to have spa facilities to use daily which was included in the price of the stay. we treated ourselves to a treatment offer which was 75min and around £40 . it was very relaxing and reasonably priced.
the breakfasts were fantastic buffet breakfast with everything you could possibly want including bottles of prosecco. one morning there was a live string quartet playing which was amazing.
the hotel itself is incredible - like many other reviews you do have to see it yourself to believe it. the first night we ate in the New York cafe - the food was lovely and not too expensive considering. they also bring you fresh homemade bread and butter to the table which was very tasty. we also had a cocktail one night in the bar - very cool decor with a pianist playing requests. however we only had the one cocktail here as they were about £10 each and there are much cheaper places in Budapest to drink.
the hotel staff were very friendly and knowledgeable - much better than the staff at the tourist info.
we are so glad we decided to stay here for our honeymoon - we felt fantastic in this grand hotel it was like being on the Titanic.
we also loved Budapest - there was so much to see and do and we had plenty of time to enjoy the sights at a leisurely pace. i would definitely recommend going to a thermal spa - we went to Szechenyi baths and it was fabulous.
I will definitely be thinking of coming back here for our Anniversary

1,309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This must be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. The central courtyard is stunning: several floors of balconied corridors looking down on a beautiful lounge where there is always a live and tasteful pianist. The cafe - famous as Budapest's New York cafe - is one of the most beautiful landmarks in the country, covered in gilt and painting with artfully mirrored tables reflecting the ceiling paintings. The bar is great, the service is excellent and unobtrusive. The bedrooms are incredibly quiet - we were right at the front (with a balcony unfortunately under-used because of the cold) and heard no traffic. Lovely linens and toiletries. Really quite a gem. Many Budapest hotels are on the river but none of them match the historic luxury of this hotel.

Room Tip: In the summer, having a balcony might be nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for my birthday. For 4 days I had the best time ever. The hotel is very beautiful, and the reception area has to be seen to be believed. I could have sat there all day people watching.

When we first arrived Tamas the person dealing with us, who had excellent English, greeted us like old friends, He even got the pronunciation of my surname correctly. He had upgraded us to a superior room as it was my birthday, and proudly took us to it, and showed us around it. He had even organised a cake. Great service.

The room was massive, the bed was even bigger, and the bathroom was magnificent. What a bath. Can I say that the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in, and a nice touch is they turn it down in the evening and put a chocolate on your pillow. The housekeeping staff are very discreet, and pleasant when you see them, always smiling and saying hello.

In the evening when we went out for a meal and a walk around, it was raining so the hotel supplied us with umbrellas. They also gave us a map and showed us a number of places to visit. They recommended a restaurant (Bohemia) where we could eat authentic Hungarian fare.

We had a drink in the New York Cafe before we left. An absolutely beautiful place to chill out. The staff were attentive, but not overbearing. It was quite busy, and although a bit expensive, not prohibitively so. We didn't get a chance to eat there but I am pretty sure the food would have been of a similar standard to the rest of the Hotel.

I went to the spa one evening when we had returned early from sightseeing. It has a weird set up with a reception area in the middle, and corridors with subdued blue lighting spiraling out like a wagon wheel. It was easy to get a little disoriented but soon I found the Sauna and Steam Room. Unfortunately the pool was being renovated so I wasn't able to see it. But if you wanted to use a pool the hotel had organised one very close to the hotel and you just had to contact reception. The spa was very relaxing and not too busy considering how many people were staying in the hotel. Again, service was perfect with a receptionist giving you a towel and a locker key. She also gave me directions to the Sauna. If I was being critical, the signs could have been more obvious.

The weather in Budapest was not great, and a lot of things were closed on the Friday (National Holiday) and on the Monday, our last day. But that did not spoil our trip. It gives us an excuse to return to see the attractions we missed this time round.

The last day arrived too quickly as usual. When we checked out we were able to leave our luggage as our flight was later in the evening. We did a bit more sightseeing and then returned to the Boscolo. We went back up to reception to order a taxi to come in an hours time. Tamas, who we had not seen the whole holiday, was on duty, and even remembered our name. He ordered a taxi for us, and told us he would let us know when it arrived.

We sat about for an hour watching the world go by, and then we got up to get the cases. Coincidently, the taxi arrived at the same time and we loaded up the cases and had to say goodbye.

I can safely say that this was one of the best trips I have ever taken and a lot of it is down to the Hotel and its staff. Take a bow. You have done the Boscolo name proud, and I would recommend staying here if you are in Budapest, or any of the other Boscolo hotels that are in other European cities.

My last comment must go to my wife. Thanks for the best present ever. I dont think I will be able to top it, but we will have fun trying.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Nicest hotel I have stayed in to date! Visited in February for a long weekend with friends.

Fantastic room, spa facilities, customer service and lovely atmosphere and cocktails in the New York cafe restaurant.

Stunning architecture.

Five stars.

• Stayed February 2013
peskykid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for my birthday. The New York cafe area (where you also have breakfast) is one of the most impressive and beautiful locations I've ever eaten in.

Personally we found the service to be very accommodating and helpful, the bar staff were friendly - we especially liked the cocktails. The room was lovely, located on the top floor corner with a balcony overlooking the rooftops. (By the way the bed was huge and very, very comfortable!)

I stay in a lot of Marriot hotels due to work and this is now one of my favourites - I'm looking forward to returning!

limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel the staff were so friendly and explained the different things that were available and the best way to get around the city the hotel room was lovely and Spacious. As the weather was bad when we arrived we went to the spa and relaxed in the pool which was very refreshing after travelling. We later went down to the hotel bar and decided to eat in the hotel in the restaurant it was a dining experience the staff were so attentive and explained every dish and various wine the food was cooked to perfection the service was excellent and the atmosphere lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing luxury break

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on tripadviser I finaly decided on this hotel , so glad I did !. From the very first moment after stepping inside the hotel everything was perfect , from the service we received to the overwhelming sence of class and attention to detail ... We felt special , we were upgraded from a delux room to a fantastic suite with balcony overlooking Budapest centre . The room was very clean and was kept as such for our three night stay . The staff were helpful and friendly and made us feel so welcome , especially Charlie who went out of his way to make our weekend special . The breakfast served in the majestic New York Cafe was an experience to behold and food was superb with everything from cooked to continental buffet with choices from cold meats to cakes , bacon and egg to fruits and homemade jams and yogurt . I haven't anything but praise for Hotel and I'm not easily impressed but here I most certainly was ! Budapest was impressive to and people so friendly , the only negative is that this weekend is going to be hard to replicate . Would love to go back soon , very soon .

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!