“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt. 9 - 11, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Formerly Boscolo New York Palace Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #17 of 332 hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend whisked me away for my birthday to Budapest and this is where we stayed. And it was perfect!
As we entered the room the we found that the staff left a little cake and a happy birthday message which I thought was a very nice touch it definitely made me feel very welcome.
The room was lovely and so were all the staff who sure knew how to look after their guests!
The restaurant was very beautiful and food good enough to not have to look for another place to eat. The breakfast in the room was absolutely divine and definitely did not leave you feeling hungry.
Their concierge service was also very good, they have booked our airport transfers for us which made it all so convenient.
Their spa however, needs some improvement. Firstly, the after treatment resting area needs to be a lot warmer as I found it was too cold to use and secondly they didn't have enough therapists available so that we could have the treatments we wanted done which resulted going into a different spa outside of the hotel. I believe the spa was being transformed during this time so this issue is probably sorted by now and the staff really tried to do their best.
Overall, the staff were really great, the breakfast was divine, the hotel is superb and I would recommend people to go there. I myself will book in with them again shall I visit Budapest in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend for my birthday. Room clean, sadly no coffee making facility's and no dressing gowns. Beautiful New York cafe where breakfast was taken which was very good a nice choice of cereals, lovely fresh bread and jams. I don't eat cooked so can't comment on that. We ate early evening in cafe and food and cocktails were good. Spa facility's good I had a swim in pool, not terribly big but ok. The staff were very helpful and friendly always spoke to us and recommended a very good Italian restaurant not to far away. We also used hotels airport transfer which were excellent. I wouldn't recommend our room no 362 as it was above a function room which was very noisy till very late or should I say early hours of morning! Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Not 362 as above function room and can be noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful, I had the room in the old part of the hotel which is the nicest. The standard room is very big with a huge bathroom.
People from the street were coming in to take photos of the restaurant!

I really enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Hotel is really amazing. I had the presidential suite here. There are 2. one with red colors one with green. I took the green one with a huge dining area for 12 people, giant living room, guest bathroom, Masterbedroom and a huge bathroom. it looks like a castle from outside. Infrotn of tram station you have this great palace.marble everywhere and very very polite people working there. As I said the presidential suite is amazing and you should try it. We were there for a birthday party. It has mirrors everywhere in the barocc style, balcony small, giant TV and is really really incognito in the 1st floor. The spa although was disappointing. the pool area is a bit depressing as its under the earth and has a low seeling. But the showers and the steam bath and sauna or more exciting. The famous new york caffe is also there. Check it out. Nice place the whole hotel. My friends stayed in regular rooms. They were no doubt amazing rooms for what they payed. Big enough with bathroom and everything was just perfect.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Boscolo Hotels are some of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in, they are a feast for the eyes. The desk staff were very accommodating & helpful in an eastern eauropean way so dont expect southern charm & hospitality! We had an unfortunate experience with a big water leak in the shower so the desk staff promptly moved us to a beautiful suite with 6 piece marble bath. Some might drag down the rating due to the water issue but the staff did the right thing to make up for the inconvenience of a room move. The rooms are spacious & nicely appointed and the rooms are as they look on line (no bait & switch with the pics). The restaurant is a must see but stay for at least a drink in the adjacent lounge to take in the grander!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building have nice boulevard views & are in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was quite difficult to choose a hotel in Budapest. After having a good deal we decided to go for Boscolo. Not a bad choice but definitely not the best either.

They have very good parking facilities which we appreciate a lot. Your car will be safe here.

When you arrive your first experience is the impressive lobby or atrium if you like. It really is that! We saw florists spending hours making gorgeous floral arrangements in the lobby. The staff was attentive but not particularly welcoming.

The room was in brown tones which we do dot unfortunately like. And there was an odd chandelier which dominated the room. The room was very spacious though. The bathroom was impressive and made of natural stone. Good shower.

The breakfast was a little bit disappointing but the restaurant itself is like a piece of art. You do not find too many choices there but enough for most.

It was good but we would not go there again. Must be better choices to choose from.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'MixuFinland',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for providing your feedback.
I'm delighted that most of our facilitiies were at your satisfaction but I'm sorry to see that the color combination we have in our rooms has't won over you.
I'm also sorry to see that you are not planning to return to our hotel but I would kindly like to assure you that it would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back anytime.

With kind regards,

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager
vienna.austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

excellent hotel with big rooms in central budapest. very friendly and helpful service. the only little critic could be that some smaller things need renovation, but this really depends on the room. the spa is a little "over designed". but all together a good place to stay in budapest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest 'viennafilm',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection and thank you for your time spent on providing your kind feedback.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a nice experience with us and I appreciate your feedback, I belive upon your next visit we will be able to provide an excellent experience.

With kind regards,

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Been to Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!