...we thought it was going to be perfect and it wasn't.
Some of the furniture in the room should not have been there as it had visible wear and tear (chipped chair, stained desk). The ceiling in the bathroom had a big stain from a previous leak upstairs. We wanted to have some tea in the business centre but there were no clean cups or tea when we visited.
Now that I've got the negatives out of the way, let's focus more on the positives!
First of all the building is an amazing masterpiece of architecture! I can honestly say it was the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. Every single time I walked into the main atrium, I couldn't help myself to take a picture. It is mesmerizingly beautiful.
We stayed four nights in a superior room, which had its own private balcony overlooking the boulevard. Fantastic view! The bed was really comfy but the real gem of the room was the massive bathroom. We loved the oversized bathtub!
The spa was good, although it only has a pool which has a bit of a jacuzzi at one end. On the other side of the wellness area there is a steam room and sauna. We only went once as we enjoyed our bathtub so much more. 4/5
The breakfast is served in the beautiful New York Cafe and there is so much to choose from. I loved waking up each morning and have breakfast in such a beautiful room. 5/5
When it comes to ratings I was hesitating between a 4 and a 5. I decided to give a 4 this time because of the problems we had. On the positive side though, at the end of our stay the hotel acknowledged the problems and offered us a free upgrade to a Junior Suite on our next visit.
Hopefully we can take advantage of the offer next year on our return to Budapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary New York Palace is the rethinking of the original edifice built in 1894 by the creative ideas of Maurizio Papiri and Ádám Tihanyi D. The building has an eclectic style relying on the Italian renaissance and baroque however modern contemporary interior design has gained ground in the formation of inner spaces creating one of the most dignified hotels within the Boscolo Group. The opulent splendour of New York Palace can be recognized not only in forms but materials as well. The most accented part of the impressive building is the ground floor Café with its 16 devilish fauns and - "El Ashmodai" the ancient figure of coffee and meditation - holding the lantern in such style and propagating the spirituality of the New York Café. All marbles, textiles and furnishings for the Hotel come from the original home of style and design: Italy. Inner spaces are decorated with bronze statues the ceiling with the marvellous original panel paintings of Gusztáv Mannhemer and Ferenc Eisenhut in the halls. Available for guests: 24 hours room service, luxury chauffeur service, baby-sitter service, rent a car, internet access, secretary service, business centre. In the accelerated world of today there is a need for such a place where one can rest & relax and enjoy the beneficial result of various special treatments. The outside world can be totally excluded whilst in the Spa and guests can indulge themselves in treatments promising "eternal life" with the help of professional masseurs and therapists. Situated on the first floor of the hotel, the five conference rooms and our Ball Room are holding the most up-to-date of audio-visual equipment. Appropriate to arrange any kind of, meeting, conference, training program, cocktail parties or business dinner... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest