The Boscolo is beautiful, historical, romantic...but in some aspects not so practical. The efforts from the very helpful, friendly and dedicated do not overcome some of the simple flaws that could easily be fixed to make the stay worthy of a perect note.
1. Check-in (Excellent): We did not wait, the bellboy litterally ran to take our luggage, the desk attendant spoke great english, smiled and offered to help in any way he could. We also got upgraded to a junior suite without asking anything. Note 5/5
2. Room layout and Cleanliness: (Excellent), the rooms are spacious, clean and well-maintained. They must have been renovated recently. Everything worked well. Note 5/5
3. Bed: (Lousy): Imagine, you expect a Marriott bed and you get something very average. It is the standard you expect from a 4 stars in central Europe. It is not that it is so bad, it is just bad for a Marriott (the bed quality is a prime reason for choosing a name brand). Note 2/5
4. PIllows: (Average) Nothing to report. 4 Ordinary pillows. Note 3/5
5. Soundproofness: I don't know if we were lucky but we did not hear street noises or anything from other rooms (other than the construction in the room next door during the day) Will give the benefit of the doubt. Note 4/5
6. Bathroom: (Average) It is beautiful marble everywhere. The shower has a great cool design but does not fill its intended purpose efficiently, on top of it, expect the pacific ocean on the floor after you are done.Note 3/5
7. Amenities: (Good) Comfortable bathrobe, slippers, products...were provided and in good condition. Note 4/5
8. Location: It is not bad but, while you are not too far (a hop on the subway, taxi ride or 30 min. walk) you are also not too close to the sights. The other Marriott is a better location as is the Kempinski. Note 3/5
9. Restaurant/Spa: The Cafe is magnificent. We only had coffee there and service was so-so. Choice of restaurant very limited. SPA is ok but was clearly an aftertought during renovation. You can find better in Budapest Note 3/5
10. Price: Price of the room was comparable to other similar hotels in Budapest for that date. Note 4/5
A beautiful hotel with very good, smiling and efficient staff but a few things need to be addressed to be convinced to choose it again when traveling to Budapest...especially awaiting the Marriott bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary New York Palace is the rethinking of the original edifice built in 1894 by the creative ideas of Maurizio Papiri and Ádám Tihanyi D. The building has an eclectic style relying on the Italian renaissance and baroque however modern contemporary interior design has gained ground in the formation of inner spaces creating one of the most dignified hotels within the Boscolo Group. The opulent splendour of New York Palace can be recognized not only in forms but materials as well. The most accented part of the impressive building is the ground floor Café with its 16 devilish fauns and - "El Ashmodai" the ancient figure of coffee and meditation - holding the lantern in such style and propagating the spirituality of the New York Café. All marbles, textiles and furnishings for the Hotel come from the original home of style and design: Italy. Inner spaces are decorated with bronze statues the ceiling with the marvellous original panel paintings of Gusztáv Mannhemer and Ferenc Eisenhut in the halls. Available for guests: 24 hours room service, luxury chauffeur service, baby-sitter service, rent a car, internet access, secretary service, business centre. In the accelerated world of today there is a need for such a place where one can rest & relax and enjoy the beneficial result of various special treatments. The outside world can be totally excluded whilst in the Spa and guests can indulge themselves in treatments promising "eternal life" with the help of professional masseurs and therapists. Situated on the first floor of the hotel, the five conference rooms and our Ball Room are holding the most up-to-date of audio-visual equipment. Appropriate to arrange any kind of, meeting, conference, training program, cocktail parties or business dinner... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest