“Amazing atmosphere, professional staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

You added Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt. 9 - 11, Budapest 1073, Hungary (Formerly Boscolo New York Palace Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #16 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Kiruna, Sweden
“Amazing atmosphere, professional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I have really enjoyed my stay at the BOSCOLO New York Palace! The building is incredibly unique and the staff is exceptional, especially the front desk team. My room was a very spacious junior suite with a beautiful marble bathroom! If I ever go back to Budapest I will choose this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Valued Guest "SZKE",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted to see that your stay with us was a memorable one. It is our great pleasure to see that our staff lived up to your expectations and they could give a plus to your stay in this unique estabilishment.

Please feel free to contact us should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

As a fellow Hotel Manager in the UK, I am naturally very critical of other Hotels that I use for my own personal use.

I can say however with very few minor details this Hotel is excellent. From the minute we arrived outside the Hotel the bell boy was there to assist, through to a very friendly and efficient check in.

The rooms are very spacious, well appointed and very clean. The Hotel is in a good central location.

The Breakfast is very good quality with many attentive staff.

The Spa is also very good and perfect to unwind after a day sightseeing and drinking one or two Palinkas (not for the faint hearted!)

The only minor issue is the Cigar Bar (main bar) it is a little dated and looking tired with shabby furniture. It did not fit with the rest of the plush Hotel.

Outside of the Hotel I must recommend a visit to one of the natural hot water Spa's - amazing and very enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this Hotel to both the business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest "James-TRIP",

Thank you very much for your precious time spent on placing your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace.
I am delighted to see that our hotel met your expectations in a professional way as well. I am glad to see that our personal service was at your satisfaction and that it could give a plus to your stay. As you mentioned our central location provides perfect base for both business and leisure activities and our spa is welcoming after a long day for the perfect recreation. It is our pleasure to see that you overall enjoyed your stay in Budapest and your feedback regarding our Cigar Bar is appreciated, it gives us lead on new improvements.
Your kind recommendation is much appreciated and we would be glad to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I would like to provide a review for the Boscolo New York Palace in Budapest. I have stayed in the Boscolo Hotel in Prague as well, and am writing this review based on my 2 Boscolo stays.
The Hotel takes pride in its appearance and its staff are very friendly and accommodating. For the price of payment, you really do feel like you are staying in luxury; from the spa, to the rooms, to the lobby, to the restaurant/cafe, etc.
I can safely say I enjoyed my visits to Prague and Budapest with Boscolo Hotels being one of the main reasons why.
Whenever I go to a country where the Boscolo Hotel chain is present, that will always be my first choice of stay. I hope you all have the same experiences as me.
Thanks.

Dear Valued Guest "JoeyUzzi",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback placed on Tripadvisor regardng your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace. It is our pleasure to have your trust in Boscolo Hotels and we are delighted to see that our services at New York Palace lived up to your expectations. I am glad to see that our luxury hotel provided you all the comfort you desired in a historical palace.
We would be glad to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

When I decided to participate at an international conference there were several hotel options. But when it comes to visit any of the former Eastern European capitals as Budapest I always wanted to feel the history in my fingers. Probably this hotel is the best choice in Budapest to experience a truly 5 star service and ambient thus feeling yourself back in the early 1900's. This hotel has the most beautiful lobby and a joining café area (the very famous New York café). Luckily I stayed in the old wing (there is a new wing as far as I could undertand) so I was very close to everything, tha spa, bar, café, restaurant. It is very clear that this building was not desinged (luckily) for hotel originally, therefore the rooms are huge with high cealing, the doors are wide and big like in a castle. Further more the quality of the room, tha materials, the bed linen, the bathrobe, the curtain, the silk cover on the wall (!) are all examples of great interior design and very good sense of design and quality. The staff was very attentive, polite and of good manner. I asked for late check-out without any problem. The price was at extremely good price-value ratio compared to other cities with similary hotels. I would definitely come back with my family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest "Korossy",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted to see that our service lived up to your expectations and you had a nice time with us. In our glamourous property the history of more than 115 years revives in luxurious environment. We do believe that exceptional service can be provided in perfect setting thus all the luxury materials are brought from Italy, the home of design. I am glad to see that our trendsetting design won your heart and our personal service could provide you a memorable stay. As you mentioned, we have the honour to welcome our guests in the famous New York Café, in its inimitable atmosphere.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you return to Boscolo New York Palace for participating a conference or simply to spend some quality time with your family.
Please feel free to contact us should we be at your assistance organizing your visit to Budapest.

Debrecen, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed at the hotel during the weekend and it was heaven. The staff was friendly and enthusiastic upon our arrival. The room was fantastic and the bathroom was exceptional with a nice bathtub and a large separate shower area. The sleeping quality was great and it was quiet. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Valued Guest "wlhsu",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace. I am delighted to see that our services exceeded your expectations and I am glad to see that the design of our room was at your satisfaction.
It is our pleasure that we could give a plus to your weekend and we would be glad to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

A long weekend in budapest and I felt like an princess. The staff was amazaing and catered all our needs, without being all over you. The hotell is beautiful down to the very detail, plenty of space, amazing facilities and you sense history in the building. Excellent food, training ammenties, and spa department. I returned content and rested.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear Valued Guest "Cathrine2011",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback placed on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service exceeded your expectations. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the real Boscolo experience at our historical yet refurbished with trendsetting designed palace.

Utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

A beautiful stylish hotel with lots of marble and grandeur. Home of the famous New York coffee house. The rooms we great with comfortable beds and all the modern amenities you need. All very tasteful. Friendly staff. Only the breakfast service could be better. Enough and tasteful items on the buffet, but the staff notices too late when things have to be refilled and react too slow then Would expect a more active approach
Location is great! Central with Metro and Trams at your doorstep to take you everywhere

Dear Valued Guest "ryannl",

Thank you very much for your precious time spent on placing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted to see that overall you had a nice stay with us and our service met your expectations.
I appreciate your valued comment on the breakfast service, it gives us lead how we should improve our service to exceed your expectations next time.
I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future to Boscolo New York Palace Budapest where you might be able to personally experience the improvements.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Been to Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!