“Excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parlament

Save Saved
You added Hotel Parlament to your Saves list
Hotel Parlament
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalman Imre utca 19, Budapest 1054, Hungary (Formerly BEST WESTERN Premier Hotel Parlament)   |
Special Price
Book direct deal -10%
Ranked #8 of 331 hotels in Budapest
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Located in an area within easy walking distance of tourist attractions such as the Parliament buildings. The hotel is run by some lovely helpful staff. The bedrooms are very clean and modern and although not the largest are fine. The breakfast is as good as you'll find anywhere. A nice touch is the free coffee making and soft drinks facility through out the day in the lounge area (until the bar opens at 5:00). Tips for your stay, get the red and yellow bus and river cruise trips to get a feel for the city. One thing worth visiting are one of the ruin bars which the bus trip does not point out.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear „greyhairedyoungman”

Thank you for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest! I am delighted that we could contribute to a memorable experience. I am happy that you could take advantage of our central location and that you could explore our city on foot as well. I am pleased to read that the room’s upkeep and cleanliness, our buffet breakfast and the complimentary Lounge Bar ’Happy Hours’ service all met your expectations. Most of all I am reading with pleasure that our „Excellent Staff” could also made your stay enjoyable.

We are really looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament int he not too distant future.

Thank you for your kind comments again!
With best regards,

951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My best experience this holidays was in this hotel. Great location , rooms were really nice and clean. We stay for 3 nights and its was a good experience. We charged the Citytour tickets and airport taxi on our hotel bill which is very helpful when your are leaving a place . They appointed our taxi while we spent our last morning walking around.

Breaksfast was splendid.

We walked around the city even at night time, it is located in a very safe place and near the opera and restaurants district.

The staff is very well trained and helpful at anytime. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear „patricia e”,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay in our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with the central location of our hotel and could take advantage of the closeness of several toursit attarctions and restaurants. I am glad that the cleanliness of your room, the rich buffet breakfast also met your approval and you had an anjoyable stay with us. Thank you for pointing our out staff’s helpful and professional attitude too.
I truly hope that we will indeed have the pleasure to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

With best regards,
turnhout
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here from the 22th until the 26th of February and although the weather was pretty bad, our trip to Budapest was awesome!!

The location: the hotel is located on walking distance from the mayor tourist attractions and close to three metro stations and tramline number 2 that takes you along the Danube.

The room: we were in room 210, it was a huge, clean room with a bath and a nice balcony. Housekeeping does a really good job! Even the price from the drinks in the minibar was more than reasonable!

The breakfast: every day there was fresh fruit salad, fresh pineapple, juices, croissants, cold meat,... It was more than we could have asked for. The breakfast area is really nice, modern, cozy and always very clean. The staff works very hard.

Restaurants in the neighbourhood: for something special I would recommend Sir Lancelot, it is close to the hotel and I loved it's medieval theme. You can eat here with your hand and watch some little shows. The food (especially the grilled meat) was delicious and the prices were reasonable.

I would definitely go back again to this hotel when we considere to return to Budapest. Don't hesitate, this is really a good hotel!

Special thanks to the hotel for making our wedding anniversary so special!

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the front side are not noisy. The windows keep the noise outside. All rooms are go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear „nevel1”,

First and foremost thank you for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest! Iam pleased to hear that your „trip to Budapest was awesome!”
I am glad to read that you could indeed take advantage of our central location and explore our city easily. I am happy that you have liked your room and you were satisfied wih the cleanliness and upkeep as well. I am also reading with pleasure that our rich buffet breakfast selection have met your approval. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast staff’s hard work as well.
It was a real pleasure for us to host you during your recent city break in Budapest and it is especially a treat for us that we could contribute to a memorable and „special” wedding anniversary for you!

Thank you for your valuable and kind comments again!
We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament soon!

Chisinau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel is very good. Situated very close to all main attractions. Just few steps from Parlament and Danube river. Stuff makes this hotel awesome, very helpful!
Rooms are not huge but good , a little too firm pillows though.
There si a very nice restaurant situated close to that hotel and only cause of it i would pick that hotel again - taste again that amazing hungarian local cuisine! Restaurant is Hungarikum bistro. Both hotel and restaurant nearby made my time in Budapest just brilliant!
Truly recomend!

Dear „Santara M”,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Parlament during your recent visit to Budapest! It is a pleasure for us to read your kind words about our services. I am delighted to recon that our hotel’s central location and your hotel room all have satisfied your expectations and that you had a memorable and „brilliant” stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our team as well! As we believe that the spirit of a hotel is its team I am always glad to receive such comments on our staff like yours! Thank you!

I am happy to hear that the nearby Budapest Bistro restaurant also have met your expectations and you could taste all sorts of local dishes.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Friends raved about this hotel, so my expectations were high when I spent a week here - and I was not disappointed. The public areas were inviting; despite a traditional facade, the feel is contemporary without being stark, and guests sprawled comfortably in lounges and couches. My room was immaculate; not huge, but certainly not confining, though the bed on wheels was sometimes unsettling. The bathroom made smart use of space, and I never felt at risk of banging into corners in the dark, as often happens in hotels. Let me save my highest praise for the staff - without exception, they were warm and welcoming, helpful and kind, well-informed and quick to offer suggestions. I would come back for them alone.

As for breakfast, I was impressed with many options on the first morning. And the second. And the third. And then I started to hope for a little variety. Make no mistake, I ate well and enjoyed it thoroughly, but a little change-up over time would be welcome. The staff were quick to clear used tableware, and the cooks constantly replenished dishes in small batches, keeping everything fresh and hot; they were all pleasant but unobtrusive - just right for morning.

So, a few things I wish I'd known - small, small things: I would have brought my own toiletries; the hotel's all smelled like shaving cream, and there was shampoo but no conditioner. I would have brought a hand towel, especially since soap came in tiny cakes - fine for washing your hands but not so good in the shower - and the towels were not practical for body wash. I would have brought more 'toys'; TV was just so-so - a lot of languages, but mostly news channels (and the English channels in my room never worked; can't complain, though, since I never got around to telling the front desk).

Next time I head to Budapest, I won't even bother checking other options - this one is a keeper!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear „ayyar”,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament. I am pleased to read that although you have arrived with high expectations you have not been disappointed at all with our product and services.
I am delighted that the style and comfort of our public areas, the cleanliness of the room have all met your approval as well.
I am happy to read that our team could contribute to an even enjoyable stay for you with their informative and helpful service minded attitude. It is also a pleasure for us to hear that you could start your days with a hearty full breakfast and that you were contended with our buffet selection in general.
I would like to kindly inform you that your feedback is highly valued as it helps us a lot to better understand our guests’ needs and being able to develop in order to provide exceptional guest service.

Thank you again for staying with us!
It would be the greatest pleasure for us if we would be able to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament during your next visit to Budapest.

Sincerely yours,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a marvellous stay, at the hotel. The hotel provided my wife with a little present of chocolates and drink to celebrate her birthday which was a surprise. The hotel location is excellent with a lot of locations within walkable distance. The are a large range of restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk. All the staff were extremely helpful and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Room facing the back overlooking the atrium is quieter.
Dear „Malcolm M”,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us and with the traveler community of Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to welcome you for such a special occasion as your wife’s birthday and we are more than happy that we have had the chance to surprise her with a little present on your arrival day. I am pleased to read that you could take advantage of our central location and you reached most of the sights you wanted to visit on foot. I would like to thank you for your kind feedback on our helpful and service minded personnel. I am glad that you have been satisfied with our services and we were able to be at your assistance during your stay with us.

It was our pleasure to host you and we would be happy to have the chance to welcome you back in our Hotel Parlament in the near future.

With best regards from Budapest,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was so surprised to get a little box of chocolates for my birthday. It made all the difference. How nice! The room was clean and provided breakfast there without extra charge and the staff seemed surprised when I offered a tip.It is a nice enough area and very well connected by public transport and I cannot think I would want to go anywhere else. It is convenient enough from the airport - no complicated metro changes. The decor is rather dull, black and white photographic images if you like that sort of thing and chocolate colours on the walls but there is a decent range of television programmes and the shower works well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear „Imogen W”,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. Thank you very much for your kind review and your valuable feedback. It was our greatest pleasure to welcome you for your birthday and we are happy if our little present served as a nice surprise for you. I am glad to read that you have been satisfied with our services and the complimentary breakfast delivered to your room has also met your approval. I am also delighted to read that our central location made it easy for you to get around in the city easily by public transportation.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again when your travel plans bring you back to our lovely capital. Please feel free to contact us anytime for future assistance.

With kind regards,

Been to Hotel Parlament? Share your experiences!