My first time at the Hotel Parlament and there was a mixture of positive and negative worthy of pointing out. Let's start with the negative points.
- Glass bathroom door that is not even flush around the door frames, thus not providing hardly any privacy. In addition, the bathroom sits directly facing the beds reducing what little privacy you may have had. Designers probably thought this is artsy but it's not convenient at all and potentially dangerous. (We made sure to leave the door propped open at night, lest one of us walked into the glass door.)
- Hard as rock pillows
- Hard beds (although not as hard as Courtyard Marriott Budapest or Marmara)
- No LED clock on TV or anywhere in the room (most newer hotels, certainly 4 star hotels have this)
- No night light ... if all the lights are turned out at night, it's like being in a cave; you can't even see to get to the bathroom, and any light you leave on is too bright for sleeping, including the bathroom because it's directly across from the beds.
- No easy-to-access info in the room on how to call the reception desk
- TV remote was extremely difficult to use ... not sure if the one in our room was defective or if they are all like that. In any case, it made our stay more frustrating having to struggle with the remote.
- Internet in the lobby was ridiculously and infuriatingly slow... their computers are ancient, at least 10 years old, and using old browsers.
- Room and hotel in general is immaculate
- Very friendly staff, easy check-in and check-out
- Very nice breakfast buffet with hot and cold food, nice variety, and very good coffee
- Room is modern but very small
- Free internet in the lobby (but extremely slow)
- Free coffee and beverages until 5 pm in the lounge
- Safe, mini bar with fridge, and small LCD TV in room
- Hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Nyugati train station, West End shopping center, restaurants, cafes, and a short walk to Parlament
A nice little hotel but personally, I'll probably stay elsewhere next time mostly because of the hard beds and pillows, as well as the inconvenience with the bathroom door and the location of the bathroom.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
January 9, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. We do appreciate your valuable and detailed feedback about your experiences during your stay with us, however please allow me to respond to some of your issues:
- I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regards of the style, character and safety of our guest rooms. Our hotel has a modern, interior design in the style of minimal-art beauty for this reason the design is different from a classical-styled property.
The location of the bathroom is different in all guest rooms, I am truly sorry that we did not know about your displeasure during your stay because in that case we would have shown you a different room with great pleasure.
I am disappointed to read your opinion about the room „it is like being in a cave” because of the missing night light in the room. We do have a mobile „reading light” next to the bed each side and all of the lights in the room have separated switches of course.
- I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the comfort of our bed and with the pillows. When opening the hotel we were choosing the most preferred mattresses to make sure our guests’ comfort. Regarding the pillows we do offer more pieces and different kinds as well upon request. I am honestly sorry that you did not report this issue to our colleagues at the reception desk, I am sure we would have offered you the most appropriate pillows.
- We regret not to have any LED clock on the TV but we do offer technical equipment upon request like small desktop clocks, table lamps, internet cable and even laptops to provide our best to make our guests stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
- All of our services are listed in our Guest Directory which can be found on the desktop in our guest rooms. I am sorry to note that you could not find the desired information on how to call reception (nr 1), however it is listed in the directory as well.
- Regarding the TV remote controller I am afraid that the battery was dead. We control them in each room after every check out but not every day. Unfortunately this was not reported by you during your stay therefore we could not solve this problem either.
- Last but not least let me kindly respond to the issues with the WIFI and the computers in our business corner. Let me kindly inform you that our Hotel opened in 2006 and we replaced the two computers in our internet corner three years ago. They might not be the newest models but for sure not ten years old. Furthermore one and a half year ago we have set up two iPads in our breakfast room as well to blandish our business guests. These can also be used on a complimentary basis. However we are just about modernizing our business corner and computers again during the upcoming weeks. The internet/ WIFI is free available free of charge for all of our guests and as this service is very popular naturally it can make it sometimes slower and wobbling. We are already working on solving this problem so that all of our guests can enjoy our high speed internet equally.
I am pleased to read about your positive experiences as well. I am happy that you have been satisfied with our rich breakfast offer, you could take advantage of our central location and you enjoyed our complimentary services. I am glad that the services provided by our friendly personnel have also met your expectations although at the same time I feel sorry that we could not provide you with more of our services.
I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences and opinion with us here on TripAdvisor. It is very important for us to know how satisfied our guests were and how efficient we meet our guests’ needs. Please be ensured that we do take your comments seriously and will use them for future improvement.
I truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future on your next visit in our lovely capital to have the opportunity to provide you with a better, high class service and a more enjoyable stay in our Hotel Parlament. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally in the future under +36 1 374 6000 anytime.
With best regards,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.