“Bargain hotel where you can park the car!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queen Mary Hotel

You added Queen Mary Hotel to your Saves list
Queen Mary Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kertesz Str 34, Budapest 1073, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)   |
Ranked #174 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Bargain hotel where you can park the car!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Choose this hotel based on price, location and availability of parking, we were staying in Heviz and wanted an overnight in Budapest to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a good triple room, clean but smelt of smoke as i had not asked for a non smoking room not realising that there was this optiom, however with wimdows and aircon it did smell a lot better! Filled the mini bar fridge with hungarian champagne from the local spar! Breakfast ok! But a total bargain and with 24 hour parking for about £6! When staying in a city where all you need is a place to lay your head this place ticks the boxes!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

You just can't beat the price for the location, which is why we stayed here. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, and the facilities in the room were nice. The rooms have AC. The elevator goes to the 4th floor, so if you are on floor five, you have to walk up a flight, no biggie. The breakfast was average with scrambled eggs and sausage, as well as bread/rolls, meats and chesses, yogurt, cereal, and juices. There is no wifi, but they will give you an ethernet cord, so if you need internet, make sure you have that set up (otherwise, internet cafes are abundant in Budapest, I recommend Discover Budapest behing the National Opera House). I felt reception and breakfast staff were polite and helpful, contrary to some other reviews. I would like to see the luggage storage system improved - we had to leave our bags out in the open after checkout/before check in (arrived by night train), didn't seem secure at all, but we didn't have any problems.

If you are a budget traveller, a great deal with no frills here!

Room Tip: Request 4th floor or below if you don't want to walk up stairs to the 5th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I considered this hotel because the location was great and the price was affordable. Boy did I make a mistake! The staff members were very rude and not helpful! I was extremely suprised when I came into the hotel the first day and at the front desk I was given the towel that I used because it had a makeup stain! The smell in the room was bad. They claimed that they needed to use a spray to get rid of the bugs on the carpet. I was disgusted to put my belongings on the chairs or shelves. I slept there one night because I was so tired from traveling. The next day I checked out and I lost money because I booked for three nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We arrived at Hotel 1.30am for a 2 night stay. Very friendly lady on reception. The room was spotlessly clean and very quiet had a great sleep. Breakfast was perfect as I dont have cooked at home. Considering the price of accom I wasnt expecting a free breakfast. Great location. yes we will stay here again .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pécs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The male staff by the breakfast was very impolite: breakfast is from 7 until 10 am. At 10 o'clock he closed the door, was no more entry allowed and was very nervous and spoke rudely with us. Terribble! Ther were many people from abroad: it is very wrong for the famous of our contry.
Please the hotel, send this man for a hotel-staff- training, because, he needs to explain, how to care about travellers.
The woman at the recepcions-desk was very polite and helpfull.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We spent here 4 nights in July 2011, when we transferred from a different hotel that we didn't liked
We had a runny sink all the days, we talked with the manager, but they said that the sink is not running, but each time we used it, we had the floor wet. We asked for a different room with a normal sink, but they didn't had any more rooms available.
The breakfast was normal, with not so many options from where to pick, the coffee was very light but in the end an average breakfast included in the room price.
The bedsheets, not the cleanest in the world; for internet we had to give a warranty of 20 euros for the cable, and when we left we received the warranty back.
There is a parking very close to the hotel, and you can reach almost anywhere from the location.
All in all, for the money spent here, it was an average stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

There are several reviews commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel. I do not agree. I was sure that the bed had not been changed from the last occupants. My daughter told me on our way home that she had found hairs in both beds but because it was late when went to bed had not liked to say anything to me. However, we both covered our pillows with towels to sleep on. The carpet was dirty with stains on it. I put our hand towels on the shelf in the bathroom when we went out only to find them thrown on the floor on our return. Regarding the towels, they were so hard and scratchy they would make good exfoliating mits! I would not stay there again despite it's good location.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family