“Nice Hotel In Budapest Center” 4 of 5 stars

Atlas City Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nepszinhaz u. 39 - 41, Budapest 1081, Hungary   |
Ranked #213 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Santa Rosa, California
“Nice Hotel In Budapest Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Atlas City Hotel is a modern, clean and quiet hotel in the Budapest city center. The fees for my stay seemed a little on the high side, but not very high.

Arriving by train from Warsaw, Poland to the Keleti Budapest Station it was a short walk to the Atlas City Hotel. The hotel is in the center of Budapest and is close to all the main attractions. There are trams in front of the hotel and just down the street is the Blaha Lujza tér Metro Station. It is approximately a 5-10 minute walk from both the Metro and the Keleti Train Station. It is easy to get anywhere in Budapest by Metro. Some might think the neighborhood is a little downtrodden, but really, it is an Eastern European city area. I spent a month in this vicinity and always felt safe in this area.

My room was on the highest floor which was accessed by elevator. It was quiet and the wifi internet worked well. My stay in the hotel was just a few days. The breakfast was simple but reasonably good. The receptionist spoke English. During my time at the front desk, the client in front of me was very angry that the hotel had charged them a fee to park there. If you are driving to the hotel and needing to use their parking, negotiate the fees prior to agreeing to stay there. When I stayed a day extra, the hotel raised my rate. As I never appreciate that method of doing business, I decided to not stay longer. However, if you are happy with the room rate, this is a nice place to stay and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Negotiate your parking fees when making the reservation. Make a reservation with the lowest fee for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear David E,

Thank you very much for sharing your review, which is very helpful for making future improvements.

The area might seem a little shabby, but the public security has improved a lot during recent years.
Regarding the little controversy about the parking, we always inform our guests in advance about the parking fee. The guest in question must have omitted this information.
I am very sorry to hear that you have not prolonged your stay because you have been given a higher rate, but unfortunately our sales policy requires that we raise the prices in case the room availability decreases, or you might have had a promotional rate valid only for the reservation that you made in advance.

I hope that altogether you enjoyed your stay in the Atlas City Hotel and we would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely yours,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel for three nights, we found an good deal in polish group shopping site. We paid about 100 EUR for whole stay.

Before our trip (but after our paid reservation) i made research on the web, about neighbourhood and some blogger posted, that this street is like a ghetto. Neighbourhood seemed not so bad during the day (there was only strange looking people and homeless, but they didn't bothered us at all) and public transporation are close (tram is just outside of the hotel, and there is only two stops to get into metro). After dark we preffered to use a cab, to feel safe.

Room looked average, there was noise from the trams on street, but it didn't made a problem for us to sleep. Hotel service was good.

Space under the bed looked like it was'nt cleaned for a long time, there was even some money lying, but i didn't tried to reach it, becouse it was disgusting. That was the only exception, rest of our room and bathroom was clean.

Breakfasts was good, i can't complain about this at all. Too bad that we could'n get a hot water after, just in the bar with an tea (which was too expensive for us). My girlfriend was sick at this moment, and she needed warm water for her medicines.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Tomasz W,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I have to agree that the area is a bit shabby but the safeness has improved a lot in the recent years.

I am sorry to read that you found the room improperly cleaned. I have forwarded your observation to the housekeeping manager and asked them to pay much more attention to the thorough cleaning of the rooms in the future.

On the other hand it was a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with the breakfast.

We can serve our guests hot water free of charge if needed and we can also provide them with a kettle, especially if someone is ill. There must have been an unfortunate misunderstanding which I will look into clarifying, in order to avoid situations like this in the future.

I truly hope that despite of these small deficiencies you had a wonderful stay in the Atlas City Hotel and we would be very happy to have the future opportunity to welcome you again.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, basic amenities but ideal for a short city break with friends as you don't spend much time in the room anyway. Close to transport links. Breakfast has little variety but is edible. Basically, you get what you pay for - a hotel near the city centre with breakfast at a decent price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Amy M,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to read that we could contribute to you having a pleasant time in Budapest.
The breakfast is up to the 3-star standards, however we are continuously trying to make it more varied and to increase the quality.
Should you have in mind visiting Budapest in the future it would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I was at a trip with a car, so I chose it primarily because of private parking. I have no complaints. Breakfast was good. The room
(718) was clean and comfortable. The location is very good. If you like long walk (2-3 km), you almost don't have to use public transportation which in Budapest isn't as expensive as in some other destinations. Yes, there are some suspicious persons in the street at night, but I didn't experience any problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Edi 1979,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience.
We are glad to read that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel and that you also enjoyed the breakfast.
We would be more than happy to welcome you next time, should you plan to visit Budapest again.

Netanya, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was truly awful!!! Here's what was wrong with it:
1. Towels were not changed unless one threw them on the floor.
2. Sheets did not fit the bed, and were not changed for the duration.
3. The double bed sank in the middle!!
4. Only one lift worked for eight floors.
5. Incorrect information was given to us by the reception about how to get somewhere and it ended up that it took us 1 1/2 hours to get to somewhere which should not have taken more than 1/2 an hour. Then about something we wanted booked and they said it did not exist!!
6. The kitchen, absolutely amazing, felt just like Oliver Twist!
a. First morning I told the staff the scrambled eggs were cold. When he brought them back they were only half cooked!
b. There was very little choice, no healthy foods at all. Okay, so we say that's just Eastern European breakfasts!.
c. The bummer came on the last morning when I asked for bread. A very large man said; no, no bread left. I looked at him, and said; that's disgusting. Five minutes later he was back with break that had suddenly come to light???
So all in all, DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL. Cheers.

Room Tip: Research your hotels well before choosing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Shouav 1952

We are truly sorry to read that Atlas City Hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay in Budapest.
However, please allow me to clarify a few issues mentioned in your comment.
First of all please be informed that according to Hotelstars Union regulations even in higher ranked hotels the towels requested to be changed have to be dropped on the floor because of environmental protection reasons. In 3-star category hotels the bedlinen are changed twice a week, first time after the third night. The problem with the elevator was a techical failure of the operator company which we could not do anything against unfortunately and for that I would like to apologize.
I am almost sure that there has been a misunderstanding between you and the reception that caused you inconvenience, if this is not the case I apologize and I assure you that I will personally look into this matter to avoid any future mistakes.
I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your observations, that draw our attention to the things that will have to be improved.
However, we are still looking forward to welcoming you in the future, please contact us directly in advance.

Modiin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I liked the hotel, service and food. Great value. Yet the location is quiet disturbing especially at night. Despite the fact that transportation is quie easy and very close to the hotel the street is quite desolate at night. If you are looking for bars coffee shops and night life you have to go to other areas which are not really near by.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Anat D,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad to read that you were satisfied with the services of our hotel. It is true unfortunately that the area is not the most picturesque one, yet it shows signs of improvement, but we are trying to balance this by treating our guests with utmost attention.
We would be delighted to welcome you back soon in the Atlas City Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from atlas, a very reasonably priced hotel. It's not the plushest hotel in the city but for the money no complaints. The bar is cheap with some even cheaper bars nearby so perfect for groups. The rooms comfortably accommodated 4 per room. Not sure what other reviews meant by no staff, there was an army of cleaners each day and very helpful reception staff. Would return if I was re visiting in a group

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Atlas City Hotel? Share your experiences!