“Outstanding Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casati Budapest Hotel

You added Casati Budapest Hotel to your Saves list
Casati Budapest Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paulay Ede u. 31., Budapest 1061, Hungary (Formerly Hotel Pest)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
“Outstanding Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Casati Budapest boutique hotel was a delightful surprise. Great location not far from one of the main shopping streets and close to major tram and bus lines. Within walking distance of the river and even closer to a busy restaurant area. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was a delight; it had a living wall of plants and was visually very inviting. The room was spacious and well-designed, one of the best we experienced on our five week trip through eastern and central Europe. This is what a boutique hotel should be. Will definitely stay there again.

Our only issue was the dim hall ways to our third floor room. We prefer to take the stairs when we can. The hotel has auto light sensors which come on a bit too late as you climb the stairs, leaving the steps rather dark even in daytime. Also, a lack of hooks in the bathroom and, as with most hotels today, inadequate stands for placing open luggage (2 cases).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We were over the moon to read how favourably we compared to the Boutique hotels you stayed at before. I am also very happy that you enjoyed all the little extras that we provide to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience. Additionally, please know that your comments regarding the lights in the dim hall ways are well noted and being taken care. Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Gabor Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Most perfect hotel we have found. Excellent well trained staff, large rooms, suburb breakfast. The receptionist was educated and informed and English was spoken without any confusion. Would recommend without reservations. Nice quirky décor and very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4/7 which was large and quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your remarkable review. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of the attributes that make up Casati Budapest Hotel to be one of the best boutique hotels in Budapest. It is also a pleasure knowing that you were impressed with our location, and the delightful breakfast. Your kind remarks are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago when it was known as the Pest Hotel and because of its great location we decided to use it again..

All I can say is WOW, what an upgrade the hotel has had and it simply could not be faulted. Top quality, top location, the very best of rooms, great breakfasts and the very best location in town.. What more is there to say except the manager Gabor and his staff enhance your staff even more.

We will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks you so much for your very kind words following yet another stay with us at Casati Budapest Hotel. I was really touched by them and have already shared them with my team. To run a successful hotel you need a team that are hardworking and take pride in what they do and I am so proud of each and every one of them. As always we look forward to your next visit to us and please do let me know if you require any further assistance at any time.
My fondest wishes,
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

After staying in Budapest for nearly three months and getting to know the city well in the process, I wanted to have a final weekend in Budapest of luxury and relaxation - and I found all of that and more at Casati Budapest.

This boutique hotel was intriguing right from the start: open the tall glass doors and find an intriguing art installation and an art gallery open for guests to view, and be greeted by the friendly, welcoming staff. Unlike the usual check-in process, I was welcomed to Casati Budapest with a comfortable seat in their "welcoming lounge" and offered an espresso while I waited for the guests ahead of me.

Soon I was up in my room - I chose the 'cool' junior suite, which might I say, is extremely cool! - and ready for a few more days of enjoying the incredible city. My room was comfortable and offered everything I needed, including a really comfortable place to rest my head!

I really enjoyed the boutique amenities at Casati Budapest, especially the sauna which was the perfect addition to my stay. The beautiful breakfast room is something more to indulge in, which is situated in what was once an open courtyard, and is now a glass-covered atrium drenched in light - just to ensure you're up and ready for your day of adventures! The breakfast itself was just right.

Since most visitors to Budapest don't have an entire three months to explore the city, I can confidently offer my highest recommendations for Casati Budapest, not only for its quality, professionalism and luxury, but also for its incredible location. Literally one block from the Opera House and within steps to arguably the most beautiful cafe in Budapest, second only to the New York Cafe, "The Most Beautiful Cafe in the World," you will find the majority of Budapest's gems and treasures within walking distance from Casati.

Andrassy Street is just parallel to the hotel, where you can find all of your high-end, luxury shopping brands as well as the cafe aforementioned - Book Cafe above Alexandra book store. Also within walking distance is St. Stephen's Basilica, Oktogon, the Parliament House, and the Chain Bridge, and - given you have your walking shoes - you can also comfortably make it to Vaci Street, Heroes' Square, and the Liberty Bridge. Once you're there, why not cross the Danube and head up to Gellert Hill for your panoramic shots of Budapest?

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a more memorable, relaxing, or beautiful final stay in this city I will never forget. And all of that is thanks to the folks at Casati Budapest - thank you!

Room Tip: The 'Cool' Junior Suite is incredible!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I was so happy to read your kind words following your recent stay with us at Casati Budapest Hotel. We always try our very hardest to ensure all of our guests are made to feel at home so when I read your feedback I was really pleased. We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide to our guests so I really do hope that we get the chance to look after you again.

Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We're just back from staying in this hotel and it was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Before we were due to arrive we got an email to say they'd had a problem with the AC and so unfortunately had to relocate us to a different hotel for our first night, they covered all the costs of this and arranged all the transfers and then offered us an upgrade and free champagne to compensate...the service was perfect. When we arrived at Casati we were greeted by Henrick - he is the single best hotel staff member we have ever dealt with and is a credit to Casati. He helped with directions, taxis, translations...It was just fantastic to have that sort of service on arrival and throughout our stay.

The hotel itself is just fantastic, clean, quiet, beautiful rooms and art, stunning airy breakfast area and a cool bar area. The breakfast is served until midday at the weekends and has a great selection (champagne is available with it too)! The location could not be better either, within walking distance of all the main sights in Budapest, only 5-10 mins walk away from some lovely restaurants and bars, and there is even a ruin bar in the same street!

We will 100% be returning to this hotel for our next stay in Budapest!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Reading such a glowing recommendation of our service and genuine care and comfort makes everyone in our team immensely proud. My team were very happy to read your comments about their excellent service; especially Henrick, he does strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity whilst not being too overbearing. We were over the moon to read how favourably you wrote about us, even after we had this unlucky problem. I am also very happy that you enjoyed all the little extras that we provide to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

After spending our first night in Budapest in a room with no shower head, and having to drink water out of a vase, Casati was a god send. Brilliant customer service, incredible value money (inc. unlimited use of the sauna), and within minutes of every attraction we wanted to see. We've already decided we'll be returning. Couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed June 2014
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. However it is bad to hear that you started your holiday with a bad experience, it is good to hear that we could make your remaining stay "Rock". I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the location of the hotel and our exquisite design. It is our goal for each guest to have a memorable experience. I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I can tell you that we found a treasure in the middle of the city. We tried for the first time both a boutique hotel and a city in Eastern Europe. The hotel was magnificent and so was the service, moreover the city of Budapest is beautiful and charming, so that we would definitely come back in this area and stay in a small hotel like Casati. If I needed to mention something negative, I would say that Hungarian people does not seem to be happy and are not always smiley, however the hotel staff was very nice and helpful besides the fatty night concierge who could have been more friendly, he looked like he does not want to be disturbed by guests. But I guess he was like an average Hungarian. Sorry to say that... Otherwise everything was just perfect, you could not wish a better breakfast, the room was spotless, the wifi was free. So please do not hesitate and choose Casati as we did, and you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: go for the cool room, we liked it a lot!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am honoured and excited to read that you think we are a treasure in the middle of the city. I am delighted to see you enjoyed our resort offerings; especially our breakfast, which in we take a lot of effort to provide one that can gratify the needs of our guests. It is excited to read a positive feedback, which endorses our hotel. Thank you for your comment on our receptionist, we are taking them into consideration.
Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,
Gabor Erdos

Been to Casati Budapest Hotel? Share your experiences!