“Very cosy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casati Budapest Hotel

You added Casati Budapest Hotel to your Saves list
Casati Budapest Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paulay Ede u. 31., Budapest 1061, Hungary (Formerly Hotel Pest)   |
Ranked #6 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very cosy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed with my husband and my sister and brother in law for a few days in Casati - Budapest and we recomend the hotel. Very good location and friendly staff. The rooms and all the hotel very cosy. The breakfast is good. The only suggestion - the toilets need more space to keep toileries and necessaires and the size and quality of the towels needs an upgrade.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am thrilled you were impressed with the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the location of the hotel and our exquisite design. It is also concerning that you had problem with the available space in bathrooms, your comments have been noted and our team will work to develop it.
I look forward to your return.
Gabor Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed at the Casati for 4 nights in late April. Warm welcome, clean and spacious room. Delicious breakfast with many fresh options. Friendly people. Fabulous location right near Andrassy Ut. and public transportation

Room Tip: Room facing street had noise from nearby pub
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for letting others know you had a marvellous stay again at the Casati Budapest Hotel. We strive to provide better and better service as time goes on. . Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed in the hotel from May 3rd to 6th in #23. When we arrived, we were offer coffee and cookies, also the reception gave us many brochures about recent concerts, opera. etc. which made us feel welcome! The hotel location is very good, close to the Opera and Andrassy boulevard, 3-4 mins walk to the Metro station, all the staffs are very nice and friendly, the room is quite bigger than i thought and i sleeped well. It's really a good hotel and worth to be stay at.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for letting others know you had a fabulous stay. I appreciate your kind remarks about our superior location and am pleased that you found our staff helpful.

Bolton, Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed at The Casati on Honeymoon for 7 nights in a Suite #31. The room was amazing and had a little balcony. Very spacious and clean with a great bed.

On arrival we had a bottle of sparking wine waiting for us and a letter from the manager welcoming us. We were made to feel very welcome.

The hotel is in an amazing location for sightseeing, ruin bars, opera, restaurants etc. Hop on Hop Off bus also stops less than 5 mins away.

Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. Hot bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, cold meats, cheese, cereals, toast, juices, tea, coffee and of course Hungarian "Champagne". I couldnt fault the breakfast at all and the staff were excellent in making sure everything was stocked up.

The bar area was always very quiet but I guess the location of the hotel means people are always out and about. We stopped for a drink a few times before going up to bed as the bar area is very funky. Just a shame it isnt used more.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and nothing is too much trouble for them. They all seem very happy in their work which helps to put a positive spin on the hotel.

Next time in Budapest, I know where we will be staying!

Room Tip: We had a suite #33 which was lovely but had a window from bedroom into bathroom! Great if you like...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I am elated to read you had an unforgettable honeymoon at Casati Budapest Hotel and that your experience has left you mesmerized with our property. Additionally, I am pleased you appreciated the impeccable service provided to you by our staff. As you mentioned we are located in the heart of the city with walking distance to ruin bars and pubs, therefore people usually choice to visit them, instead of our bar, but we are more then happy to welcome everyone there. Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just completed a trip with my teen daughter, finishing up in Budapest. Ahead of the trip I had contact with the hotel staff who were prompt in answering my questions and responding to my requests. The hotel scheduled a driver to pick us up at the train which made our journey quick and easy. The hotel is located on a quiet side street which seems a hip night place on the weekend for ruins bars, etc. We were located overlooking the courtyard and had no noise problems. We had a "natural room" (#46) which was spacious, modern, clean, and felt like a cool apartment. We loved it! It was nice weather during our stay and I opened the window at night (can get a little humid after shower) - I did smell cigarette smoke early in the morning and strong smells from breakfast cooking - my only minor gripe. Someone mentioned the seperate sheet-covered duvets on the beds. I have seen this elsewhere in Europe and found it both comfortable and helpful for having one's own blanket and not having to share if in the same bed. Staff was always courteous and helpful. Breakfast room is adorable and never busy while we were there. Plentiful and delicious choices. You can literally walk to everything from the hotel - we went to Heroes Square/baths, Fine Art Museum, parliament, Central Market as well as walked over Chain and Liberty bridges to Buda side to see the castle, etc. Many good restaurants within walking distance and area is a delight for photographers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your remarkable review. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of the attributes that make up Casati Budapest Hotel to be one of the best boutique hotels in Budapest. It is also a pleasure knowing that you were impressed with our location, and the adorable breakfast. Additionally, please know that your comments regarding the smell from the breakfast are well noted. Your kind remarks are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
With gratitude,
Oss, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Casati hotel is a great place to stay for a short city break. My wife and I stayed at the Casati for the Easter weekend and were pleasantly surprised even after the positive Tripadvisor reviews.
After our arrival at the hotel we were offered an esspresso and a city map to start exploring Budapest. Staff is very warm and helpfull. Breakfast is excellent. Room was good size and very nicely decorated. Bathroom could have been slightly bigger. Beds were very good and we did not hear the other guests at all during our stay.
This hotel is highly recommended to explore Budapest (close to the Opera and Andrassy boulevard) and walking distance from the other sites in Pest. The area of the hotel is very lively at nights, especially we recommend trying to go to some of the Ruin Bars (a great experience for us)
Hotel staff also gave us some good suggestions for reastaurants.
Thanks for a really pleasant stay.
We willl be back!
Frans & Hilda Louter

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Frans & Hilda Louter,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Casati Budapest Hotel. It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know we are on the right path as providing excellent service to our guests. I am pleased you appreciated the impeccable service provided to you by our staff.
I also appreciate your recognition of our real architectural treasure, our unique designed rooms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Superb, large room. Excellent decor. Sumptuous breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff.
Great central Pest location for sight-seeing, restaurants & local cocktail bar(s).
Good public transport link from airport - 5 minute walk from train station, direct from airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple