“Enjoyable cake, pleasant surroundings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Szamos Kavehaz

Szamos Kavehaz
1073 Budapest Erzsebet Krt. 43-49, Budapest 1073 Budapest Erzsébet krt. 43-49., Hungary
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #347 of 1,794 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Dessert
West Yorkshire
“Enjoyable cake, pleasant surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were stopping at the Corinthia and didn't want anything big to eat. I had a lovely marzipan cake and coffee. Service was friendly and the cafe is a lovely place to eat breakfast. It was very quiet as it had just opened. We were surprised it didn't open until 9.00. Tasty treats and reasonably priced: two coffees, a cake and croissant 2150 Forint

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best cake in Budapest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I go to Budapest for the cake,and Szamos never, ever disappoints. I agree with the other reviewers that the service can be indifferent, but the cakes make up for it. I usually stay next door, so I order at the counter and take my cake to go for a late night treat. They have a house specialty with marzipan and plum... simply perfect.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Cake Cake Cake!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This cafe is amazing. Different coffees you don't see elsewhere and an unbelievable amount of delicious cakes.
you have to try this place if you are nearby

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Decent place to stop for a break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Attached to the Corinthia hotel, this cafe was quiet when we visited. Ornate layout makes you drift back to a world when there must have been horses on the street outside instead of speeding cars.

Big selection of cakes and a separate chocolate counter. Resisted temptation of hot chocolate but the cake with my tea was lovely.

Quick service (though it was not busy).

Visited February 2014
Glasgow
“Nice looking cakes but poor, cheeky service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We'd been told this was the best cake cafe in Budapest. We went in for cakes and coffee. Tried to order at the counter, where we could see the cakes and point but were urgently told to sit back down. Over came a sulky waitress. Loads of stuff on the menu wasn't available. In the end my friend ordered black forest gateau. I ordered it too. He got his, but there was nothing for me. I called the waitress back and she shrugged and said, "He got the last piece."

When it came to paying, despite there being a 15% service charge on the bill, the waitress kept the change! I asked for it back. She gave me about a third of what we were due.

Cheeky, pathetic, rude service leaves a nasty taste, good cakes or otherwise.

• Visited February 2014