“Good value for that price.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Amadeus to your Saves list
Hotel Amadeus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fogarasi ut. 123, Budapest 1141, Hungary   |
Ranked #145 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
“Good value for that price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for one rainy night in December, so Amadeus welcomed us with warm clean rooms and friendly stuff. The breakfast was also good and tasty. The location is not among the Budapest touristic attractions, but not far from them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing these nice thoughts. We are really happy if you think the value of our service and the costs of the stay are both adequate. We hope we can greet you next time - hopefully on a very sunshiny day - in our hotel.

Best regards,

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Finneidfjord, Norway, Nordland, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything is for us, very good. We have both been herer several times and we will choose this hotel every time as long as we are going to this city. Thanks for a good holiday. And a BIG thank you to all og the staff. The little negative thing is the madrass in the bed - it's to us - to hard - a 5 cm overmadrass would have done the stay perfect. Rom 210. Mrs T and T.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this nice comment. We highly appreciate this as a satisfied customer's whole-hearted words. As the mattresses we gladly confirm this project (change these equipments in rooms) are in progress, at your next visit you are going to enjoy the result of these changes. See you soon!

Sincerely

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have just got back from a trip to the Kreative clinic & stayed at the Amadeus hotel for convenience as very close to the clinic. The staff is very friendly, polite & helpful. The hotel is situated at the junction of a busy roads & therefore very noisy if your room is on the road side. This is more of a warning than a complaint as I understand it cant be moved & the staff friendliness makes up for it. The hotel is old but the rooms overall cleanliness is ok. However there is one thing that the management could very easily change & for which I am very disappointed about...the pillows!!! Very old, goes out of shape & its impossible to have a good night sleep with those. If you look inside the pillow case you will see that the pillow (I am not sure we can call it this way) is stained of probably the thousands people dribble that have used it before you. I asked for another but was given just another old antics. These are so bad, uncomfortable & dirty that I would not let my dog sleep on it. For that reason only I will not return to the hotel on my next visit. As I said this is something that could so easily be changed...come on there is an Ikea down the road!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this notice. Concerning the containt of your comment there are couple things you were satisfied with and it's a pleasure for us. We are glad if you think our staff nice and helpful, this is one of the most important rule in a hotel. About the pillows, we are sorry if you felt uncomfortable because of this. Usually there are no complaints for it, but the comfort feeling is not the same by everybody. People who like to hold their neck and head in an upper position might use double pillows, it used to work this way.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been to few hotels in Budapest and of all Amadeus tops them all! We had very enjoyable stay here. The staff here is excellent and helpful. We definiately recommend our friends. The food is superb, very good menu for every taste.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment. As we did in the past we will do always our best to give you reasons to choose us again. We are glad if we could provide assistance for your excellent stay in Budapest. See you next time, too!

Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Looking at some of the previous reviews I do wonder what kind of conditions people find acceptable! I stayed here as many do to attend the Dental Clinic- Kreativ just down the road, I did have a choice of 3 but chose this hotel because it was very close and I was travelling alone, please note that if you do stay further out you have to pay for Taxis each way to and from the clinic and its approx £20 per journey (£40 per day!) for a 20 minute car journey - London prices so take that into account because over a week it will really mount up. So the Hotel - as someone mentioned earlier where do I start! it would have been cutting edge in the 1950's and the place needs some serious investment or knocking down and re-buliding, rooms are dank, dark & noisey especially if you are located near the bus stop outside, I had to open the door for some fresh air but the smoke from people below at the bus stop just comes up into the room along with the heavy traffic noise day and night- horrible! Rooms are old and run down although I think the cleaners do their best but its a case of trying to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse. The Staff vary, some pleasant some miserable and some rude, I asked to move rooms but the hotel was full (cant imagine why) so it was impossible and they didnt seem interested either - I decided to check out! As for the Kreativ - well its a modern facility but very very busy- standing room only, I suggest this place is good for simple dental repairs or simple cosmetic work but more complex work needs to be done on home soil, there is nothing personel about the service, you are a commodity and they are there to make money and lots of it, the prices are slightly cheaper than the UK but you have to take into account the inconvenience of travelling, time off work, hotels, flights, food and spending money plus you are staying in a very poor surpressed country , the people are unfriendly and cold and I've travelled all over the world but would never return here for any reason whatsoever!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor facing the road near the bus stop - no idea what other ooms are like but t...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment anyhow. We received your thoughts regrettably, sadly and surprisingly. We understand guests are not the same and conditions in a facility can be acceptable by some and rejected by others. Location, distance from the downtown and the taxi carfare cost are circumstances beyond our control.(Just a small complement: taxi price is less than 10 pounds if called by reception...).
We are very sorry if you were disturbed by cigarette smoke from the street, but we have no permission to warn passers what to do on the sidewalk. Is the room dank, really? Sorry, but nobody claimed about it before.
About the noise: me and my colleagues used to do everything to solve situations like this - if we can. It's comprehensible some people spend the night very sensitively and the streetnoise disturbs them while sleeping. Unfortunately the occupancy doesn't allow to change rooms immediately upon the guest' request, but I'm sure we could have figured out a solution the next day for you. Such a pity, that you did not give us a chance to prove our hospitality.

Ware, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Another wonderful stay.
From the minute you walk into the front door you are made welcome
It's just a short walk to Kreativ Dental so if have treatment it's really handy.
I've eaten in the restaurant numerous times and always enjoyed the food ( especially the Goulash soup ) and very nice wine !!!
Last but not least !! the staff make the hotel the great place that it is .

Room Tip: 109 has a big balcony at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for your kindness. As a long time returning guest you are always warmly welcomed in Amadeus. You and the similar frequenters have a very special place in our heart. We hope you have valued the innovations in the appearance and we are glad if you were satisfied with our service and attitude.

Best regards,

Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I don't know where to start. I suppose I could start at check-in. A very dour night manager. Told me nothing about hotel facilities/breakfast/directions to room. My room resembles a prison cell from 1980's Eastern Europe. No curtains, one pillow, bottles of water requiring a bottle opener but no bottle opener in the room. The beds are small with the oddest bedding. There is a personalised letter from the director which in my case was written to someone else.

The air con works fine. The wifi signal is good too. The food in the restaurant is very rich, I enjoyed it and the staff in the restaurant is lovely too. The breakfast wasn't great. Why can't they provide normal coffee/teacups instead of soup bowls?! Get down early if you can.

What I can say is that it was clean! That was a relief. The only filth in the room was the manky blinds. The front of house staff let this hotel down the most. The day manager is rather abrupt and rolled his eyes at me at one stage. Considering this hotel is linked to the dentists, you'd imagine they would make more of an effort with the patients.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel A, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this comment even if it's not the best for us. It seems some unfortunate coincidences have occured during your stay, what should have been avoided or corrected.
You have found a couple deficiencies in our service, like cups in the restaurant or a bottle opener, but these things are replacable by request.
Regarding the main service - aircon, wifi, restaurant food, cleanliness - we still received good points from you what shows you could find appropriate things as well.

General manager

Been to Hotel Amadeus? Share your experiences!