“considering the location and the price, it's not bad, SHORT lineups” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vidam Park

Vidam Park
XIV. Allatkerti krt. 14-16, Budapest, Hungary (Városliget)
1 363-8310
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #144 of 230 Attractions in Budapest
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Lublin, Poland
“considering the location and the price, it's not bad, SHORT lineups”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

a pretty old and crappy exhibition of US point of view, but if you're a tourist looking for something to do, this isn't bad, the tickets are relatively cheap and the place is within the city center as comparison to most exhibition place are out of town.

O and even though the facilities aren't ectastic exciting, but the fact that lineup are short is a big plus for me, I hate lining up for more than 1 hour at a time at other amusement park,

Visited September 2013

hungary
56 attraction reviews
“A hot day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went there with my son and his friend. There were a lot of attractions and no queing at all on a very hot summer morning. The boys enjoyed it a bit better than me, but I think it is normal. We spent there two or three hours and we had a lot of fun. It was worth going there but we would not go every day.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“funnnnnnn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

i was just to remind me my young age as an school boy from about 25 years ago and i had a big fun with my wife again was good crack to get back and saw some of the attraction still there and work and on top of it new crazy good machines.i will bring my son there as soon as he`ll reach the age and high :-)
hope will still open

Visited July 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Great Place, Old but very good but smaller children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited this park for the first time on 2nd June 2013, having been to Budapest several times before, visiting the Zoo, and Szechanyi, but never coming here. With 3 young girls (3,6 and 10), I was a little sceptical from the outside, as the larger rides are visible, and my hungarian isn't particularly good, so the descriptions on the wall didn't mean anything to me.

However the rides were plentiful (don't compare to Disney and the like, it's not the same, nor is it as expensive) and the kids had a great time. The food was very much similar to everywhere else in Budapest, and perfectly acceptable.

A classic wooden rollercoaster - lots of rides able to be ridden by children of 39inches and up, we spent around 4 hours, but only because we had a plane to catch, otherwise I think you could quite easily spend the day. There is plenty of seating, shaded areas (although there wasn't much sun when we were there), and plenty of rides and attractions (bumper cars, roller coasters, they have the same caterpillar ride as at Kissimee Old Town, waltzers, spinning, turning, revolving, ferris wheel, and many more)

All in all, I felt it was a worthwhile day out, the kids had a great time, and would recommend it, even if you split a day in there and another attraction in the city park area.

Visited June 2013
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 attraction reviews
“Fun for the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you are visiting Budapest with young children you definitely should spare the time for a visit to Vidampark. The amusement park is not very large, please do not expect Disneyland, but there are a lot of rides and my 6 year old was trilled about the visit and we ended up spending 5 hours there. There is an entrance fee but once inside almost everything is free. The best thing for us was the wooden roller coaster, as we were amazed to see a 100 years old roller-coaster made of wood still working (my son ride it two times) as well as the Magic Castle (tree visits to this one :)). We also liked the panorama wheel, the wave boat, the Spinning Coaster, the Laser dodgem and the Octopus. They have also a decent web site where you can check in advance which rides are allowed for your child.

Visited May 2013