“Just wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evidens Bistro

Evidens Bistro
Sas street 4, Budapest 1051, Hungary (District V / Inner City)
+(36)706665885
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #201 of 1,990 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French, American, European, Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A restaurant in heart of the city center where wonderful catering according to the old school can be presented. Where they cook in front of the guests. Where regulars need only to think of what he would like to eat and the chef already cooks it in the open kitchen. Where foreign guest see why the Hungarian catering and cuisine is the best. Where the elegance of the inner city is accompanied by affordable Hungarian reality. This is the place where the answers to all questions are yes and where meal is also a real event. In Evidens we can find perfect tastes, ample portions and state-of-the-art kitchen technology. Are you looking for a long time for the restaurant that you can enter and you feel like everything in its place, the atmosphere of the place, real serving in capital letters and the cuisine is exactly the way you like it. Because it is EVIDENT this way.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Great Hungarian food. Ours was prepared at the table. Massive portions at a very reasonable place. Super atmosphere too. Very friendly.

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Arizona
“Great recommendation by our hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Four of us went to dinner and had a table outside. Fantastic food, Andrew our waiter was wonderful, the Hungarian wine recommended by Andrew was great. Only draw back was that we were leaving the next day. Highly recommend this bistro.

• Visited July 2013
New York City
“Exceptional food, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stumbled on this restaurant toward the end of our trip to Budapest. The food was delicious. The service was exceptional. The waiter recommended some great Hungarian wine to go with our dinners. Food and wine was very reasonable. We really enjoyed our dinner and would highly recommend.

“Wonderfully”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Was a best place, and a best food in budapest, the big sefman cooked in my table a fantastic dinner. Thanks for them.

Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Cuisine Well Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

A nice little find. We were out walking in the Basilica area and we stumbled across this nice new little place and liked the look of it and the menu so we decided to come back in the evening for dinner and so glad we did.

Being a rainy and cool evening we sat inside. The room is split with some tables on the ground and others situated up in a loft area. It is well lit and decorated in a neutral tone with some dark wood not overdone but not sparse either with comfortable seating and as you will often find in Bistro environments the tables were not jammed on top of each other which I find to be a plus.

My wife started with paprika seasoned potato cream soup presented in a bowl made from a loaf of rye bread, she did enjoy it but mentioned it could've used a bit more seasoning but still good. I started with goose liver brûlée with salted caramel with an accompaniment of red onion jam.. OUTSTANDING

For a main my wife had the mangalitza pork filled with Liptauer cheese, duck liver and red onion, and then wrapped in bacon with potatoes on the side. She loved it but word of warning the serving sizes are quite large and she found it to be just too much for her to handle ... but never fear I did my best to help and from the bites I had it was quite delicious although I thought the bacon stole some of the true flavor from the delicate rich pork but still very good and well cooked.

For my main I went with the stuffed cabbage Kolozsvár style all I can say is WOW! perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned with a light and flavorful sauce. I highly recommend.

Again as I mentioned portions are quite large so you do get your money's worth here we decided to split a dessert. HA HA who am I kidding I ate dessert she had a taste.

I went with a piece of Milota Honey Brittle cake extremely rich and decadent if not a bit too sweet for my tastes but again it is desert so yes I do recommend it.

Additionally the wine offerings were great we shared a bottle of Gere "Villányi Kopar Cuvée" which was quite good my wife really loved it and I enjoyed too and I am not much of a wine guy. We both also had a glass of the Tokaji which was great but may have been what added the extra sweetness to my dessert.

Bottom line nice new place well priced with a very good kitchen offering some classic Hungarian dishes in a new and inventive way sometimes the past can be improved on as this place shows with their new spin on some classics. if your in the area and are hungry definitely give it a spin you will be glad you did.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere