“A Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

As others have testified this restaurant is quite special, it is very small and it's clientele are mainly locals but as a visitor you will not get a warmer welcome. My wife and I ate at Kispiac Bisztro on a Thursday night and the place was full so we like other would highly recommend booking. We had a great meal of dishes which we had not experienced before and this was complimented by superb, friendly and helpful service. We both had a 3 course meal with wine, I had the veal neck for the main course and my wife had the half duck both were exceptional. I could go on and on about the qualities of this restaurant but will stop now and just say it is a must if visiting Budapest and an experience we will never forget.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Sydney
“Really fabulous. Small and intimate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had 2 meals at Kispiac while in Budapest and both were genuinely fabulous. It punches significantly above its weight with food and wine of a quality that you'd expect to get at an expensive restaurant but at a very reasonable price.

The service was exceptionally helpful and all 3 wines recommended were excellent.

I'm a vegetarian and while the options were very limited the staff were helpful and happy to check with the kitchen about what was in every dish.

My boyfriend is an enthusiastic meat eater and says both meals were the best he has ever eaten.

It's sounds gushing but we really couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Jesi, Italy
“Simply delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went there 2 weeks ago and I have to say that I'm still remembering the roasted duck! It was just perfectly cooked. As starter I opted for the Goulash soup equally delicious. Everything was accompained by a glass of red house wine. Perfect... after a stressful day it's what you need. Place is very clean and great service in a quite atmosphere.

Visited November 2013
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

After using tripadvisor all over the world I decided to try it in my city. I booked a table for 8 for my brother bday family lunch. The restaurant located next to a small market and have a feeling like no other I have visited in Bp. The food was very good but mostly very heavy not for people in diet :)
Service was very good and friendly. You can feel its a family business.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Great intimate family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant on our stay in Budapest. We decided on visiting after seeing all the good reviews and the lovely photos on Facebook of all the meat.
Let me say we're not disappointed one bit. We didn't book until the day and we didn't have any problems but I would recommend booking as the bistro only has about 8 tables and is very small. When we arrived there were only two free tables but by the time we finished there were none and a couple were waiting to be seated.
The service was brilliant, all the staff accommodated speaking to us in English and explained the goose menu that was not in English on the board. There isn't a big menu which is great and it's all freshly cooked per order. I went for the goose leg with mash potato and my husband went for half a chicken with mash.
While we waiting we could smell it being cooked and we didn't have to wait long. It arrived and was nicely presented, the skin on both the goose and chicken was beautiful, seasoned to perfection and so crispy. I didn't think it would fill me up but the amount of meat was amazing, we were stuffed with no room for pudding.
In all this meal cost £22 English pounds which was two glasses of prosecco and two mains with a plate of pickles and a coffee to finish, the quality was excellent. Such a lovely little bistro with a great atmosphere. We would highly recommend this little gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Food