“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Really like this place, good prices for the amount of food you get. Breakfast is very good value. They do add on 12% service charge but they did tell us. Visited this place many times during my visit to Budapest!

70% Recommend
“Good for your time and money!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great local favourite place. Nice big set up with old world charm. It's walking distance from my house and i have spend few evenings with friends drinking and eating.
Food is good for the money you pay and has some very nice local dishes that you can try. The also keep coming up with seasonal menu and dishes which are besides the usual menu.
I particularly like the salads and pasta dishes that they have to offer.
Over-all a nice place for great local vibe and some good food with friendly staff.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Everything you'd expect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent, really nice staff, goulash was delightful and the red thuna was exquisite, fine cuisine in a pleasant ambiance. We highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brescia, Italy
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff was friendly (I arrived on sat evening at 8pm without any reservation but they found me a table in a while). The food was very good (consider that I'm italian :) for me food is a sort of religion). I ate pappardelle with goose breast and forrest mushrooms and a goulash.I found all of them delightful (don't add too much souce to the goulash ..... it's as hot as the hell :) ) My wife had a dish of mangalica pork with pear souce and a purea made with white cabbage and ginger. I tasted it and I really liked. For my son (after all italian son :) ) spaghetti alla carbonara. We had a bottle of hungarian cabernet (not the cheapest one :) I was on holiday so I wanted to give me a little prize :) ) and also 2 cakes (plus a palinka for me :) ). The wine was very good like the food (like an italian man it's very difficult to admit I've been eating very good pappardelle abroad but that's the truth :) ). Total 50€ more or less. I admit I've been eating too much :) In general I don't suggest a full italian meal (starter, 1st dish, 2nd dish and cake). You can't finish :) because there's too much to eat. Maybe not the cheapest one in Budapest but it deserves the price. i confirm it's very close to Palazzo Zichy hotel (just round the corner)

Visited January 2013
lafayette, california
“Good Hungarian food-locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Went to Stex because it was near out Hotel Palazzo Zichy-looked at reviews on trip advisor.
Dinner cost about 32.00 dollars. We went on a Friday night and the place is very busy . We got a seat- the service was a little slow but not annoying- waiters were really nice- drinks came faster than food. Had pork dish with puréed beets and then I had this nice salad with goat cheese and walnuts with a couple of beers. Definitely recommend this place if close to your hotel.