“not worth the money” 1 of 5 stars

Cardiff, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
“not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

disspointing...for a day boat...tour if only drinks option then go to upstairs seating only....had mediocre music and made too feel like second class citizens...also had too pay too taste wines,drinks as an extra,,,not including free soft drink...also not a night tour as was daylight...one of the worst....
go and get a free hop on or hop off tour bus/boat one instead more enjoyable for half the price...

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great view but nothing to shout about for the rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went for the dinner cruise which starts at 7pm. The highlight of the cruise was the great view along the river and we enjoyed the view as the day changes to night. Unfortunately, that's the only wow factor. The rest isn't anything to shout about. The food selection was decent, musical band ok and service average. What I find disappointing was the organization of the cruise. Firstly. there's isn't any seat/table reservation available and we have to gather at a meeting point before walking to the boat. So it doesn't matter if you bought your tickets early or if you arrived at the meeting point earlier. Your table will only be assigned when you arrived at the boat and naturally, those who walked faster and is able to be at the front of the queue will get the table with better view assigned. You may also end up sharing a table with others. Secondly, I do not see the point of gathering at a separate meeting place rather than at the pier where the boat is. I will still recommend going for a cruise but maybe for the drinks only cruise package just to enjoy the view rather than spending the extra for the dinner.

“Terrible !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

You must be lucky to read the reviews first. Dinner and cruise seems to be a perfect choice for last night in Budapest. I asked Budapest Marriott Hotel staff to reserve for us. I guess it must be nice as price is not that cheap (10800 HUF). However, it turn out to be worst experience in my trip.
1. The food was horrible.... I believe traditional Hungarian food is not that bad.
2. I reserved 2 seats a day before but cruise staff told us that we about to get ticket after paid that we need to join other table on the cruise day. It really weird to sit in table with another couple (all of them are 4-seats tables). If I know I would book it in the first place.
3. My chair is next to the pole, I almost need to crawl to get out of my chair, no space at all.
In summary, IT'S NOT WORTH MONEY AT ALL. I suggest you to sit along side with river to enjoy the view. It has no different and FREE. It seems legitimate but I feel like I got swindled T_T. I should read review from Pierre M before I went there. I feel exactly the same.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A lovely cruise on the Danube”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well the price isn't very low but it was a lovely evening, I enjoyed the food, it was lovely to see the city lit up and see the bits we just didn't get around to. The music was lovely and the staff very friendly. It was what i hoped it to be, a lovely cruise on the Danube.

Visited April 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Nothing Spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We decided a trip on the river was needed in Budapest so me and my girlfriend booked onto this cruise.

As expected the views where spectacular. We left at dusk and got to see everything light up. The champagne arrival was very nice and we had plenty of space on board.

Unfortunately it did not fully live up to our hopes. The food was OK, nice to be able to try a few different bits but nothing spectacular. The band was food to have but they do come scrounging for tips, when I have paid for a cruise with music I don't expect to have to pay the band! They come around the table and do not leave until you slip a note into the violin and then tried to sell us a CD as well!

Extra drinks were reasonably priced but did feel like they were on the hard sell for after dinner drinks. There was also a photographer who took a photograph as you arrived that you can buy. I must say it was a very nice picture and he was extremely polite with us and not at all pushy so we did buy it (2000 HUF).

Finally I would echo the point that an extra 1/2 hour would have been nice to let your food settle whilst taking in the views, not that it felt like they raced round, just would have been nice.

We did enjoy the evening (I don't regret it) and it is a great way to see the city. Just don't expect to not spend much more or gastropub quality on board.

Visited April 2013