“Wonderful city break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Hotel Budapest

You added Corinthia Hotel Budapest to your Saves list
Corinthia Hotel Budapest
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt 43 - 49, Budapest H-1073, Hungary (Erzsébetváros)   |
Ranked #8 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Widnes
“Wonderful city break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have just visited Budapest and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The facilities and accommodation was first class. The breakfast was amazing so much choice and well presented. Well worth a visit the location was ideal for us a little walk into the city but local transport was great with a tram stop right outside. The only disappointment for us was we didn't get to eat in the bistro which was highly recommended to us, if you e-mail or contact the hotel in advance they will book you in.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the front very busy road outside I would imagine noisy. We had a superior ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here.Thank you for your high rating.I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Warm regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Let me start by saying - we loved this hotel so much that before we've even checked out I am writing this review and we have looked up other Corinthia Hotels to stay at.

The only downside was the shower. It randomly blasted out hot and cold water - twice it was so hot I got burned and had to leap out of it. I ended up using the bath instead.

I have to admit, I am a bit of a hotel snob. If I am going to have a week of holiday paradise, I want the hotel to be a delight and I was not let down by this place. The spa was lovely and it was wonderful to have the option of a swim after a long day's sightseeing. The room service was excellent quality (the dinner portions are small but the dessert was huge) the day we ordered it and it is in a fantastic location to get everywhere. The Octagon is very close by and a perfect landmark/starting point for any travel.

Room Tip: The AC unit was pretty loud but the view of the interior restaurant was nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest.I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel.Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities.I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.Best regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Dear Mr Fisher & Staff

I would like to thank you all very much for your help in making my husband's 40th Birthday very special. I will be recommeding your hotel to all.

I would like to also say a speical thank you to the front of house staff who helped me with the email requests that i had done before our stay. The room was dressed lovely and the birthday cake was fantastic. The birthday meal we had in the Rickshaw restuarant was great and again and the staff were very attentive.

The breakfast was out of this world and never seen such array of choice with the added touch of Champagne too. The spa and surruonding area was fantastic and the staff were very attentive.

The only one thing i would say about the hotel was that the rooms get a little to warm during the night even with the heating turned off. But that is a very minor issue.

The overall expereince with our stay at your hotel was great and made or first trip to Budapest unforgettable.

Again thank you and look forward to staying again in the near furture

Mr & Mrs Jevon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us and your husband had a special 40th birthday celebration.Thank you for your recommendation. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Corinthia Budapest:- if you want a centrally located top quality hotel in Budapest, this place won't disappoint. Not actually on the banks of the Danube but only 5 minutes walk from so many tourist 'must-see's. Location aside, the staff are efficient, polite and good at their jobs, the hotel is beautiful and well maintained. the breakfast was insanely good, i couldn't eat at night as i wanted to save myself for the next brekky installment. The Royal Spa is a treat with free access for guests via a private lift.
The best recommendation i can give, is that the staff actually seem to care whether you enjoy your stay and will do what they can to make sure you do. We can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: only the top end rooms will have any view worth mentioning and if you're a light sleeper, maybe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for your recommendation. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards,
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very nice hotel in the centre of Budapest.
Excellent staff, exceptionally yammy food, fresh and tasty. Water in the rooms are very expensive.
I found it very hot in the rooms and I could not adjust airconditioner. I tried all different settings, but it did not cool down air - appear to be the same temperature on every setting.
It's in the centre of the city, very easy to get everywhere. Windows seem to be sound-proof as several nights it was quite noisy at the bottom and I closed the windows and could not hear a lot. People say there is a nice swimming pool, but I have not been there. It also felt a bit dark in the room (i had to change increase exposure on my camera nearly to the limit as it was so dark).

Room Tip: if you do not like to sleep in a hot room, choose the one with outside windows.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel.Thank you for your useful comments about the room temperature, we will look after the solution. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kind regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just returned from a short break at the Corinthia Grand Hotel in Budapest. This hotel certainly lives up to its 5 star rating - excellent comfort, service and food in a beautiful city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for your high rating. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very good value hotel in down town Budapest. Freat for meetings on oth sides of the river. Rooms big, pool nice. Friendly staff. Spaceous reception. Did not try the restaurant. Was offered free coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. Thank you for your high rating. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.Warm regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Been to Corinthia Hotel Budapest? Share your experiences!