We stayed at Corinthia for just one night on the 9th March and it was a great experience. We stayed here for my fiance s birthday. I ordered a special birthday cake, everything was arranged perfectly. We also received a complimentary champagne which was really nice. I asked for a quiet room which it was. Very nice rooms, very well kept, clean. The only negative thing is that they had a wine tasting that weekend and the hotel was packed. The Spa is nice but too small for this hotel, especially when they have high occupancy like this week-end. So, unfortunately we couldn t enjoy the Spa. Breakfast is great, many choices. Great location. For dinner we tried Brasserie Royal, which has a very nice ambiance, great service, but we had higher expectations for the food. We had the duck leg and the beef tenderloin. The duck was good, but the beef although I had it medium it was hard to chew on. One in all a great hotel! We do recommend Corinthia!
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Grand Budapest
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First opened in 1896 as the Grand Hotel Royal; a hub for the elite of nineteenth century society, and painstakingly restored to its original glory some hundred years later, the Corinthia Budapest – located in the heart of the city - brings together classic hotel opulence with the finest five-star luxury of modern times. While the gracious frontage, marble floors, sweeping staircase and breathtaking, six-story Atrium preserved from the original building offer glorious hints of a bygone age, the levels of comfort and convenience are all reassuringly up to date.A particular feature is the hotel’s original Royal Spa centre, with 15-metre pool, now extensively refurbished by the current owners to reflect the very best in 21st-century spa luxury while retaining the grandeur of the past. Without doubt the finest hotel in Budapest. Built in classic French Renaissance style, the Grand Royal became a beacon of luxury in the days of Emperor Franz Joseph 1. Designed as a centrepiece of Hungary’s celebrations to mark its first thousand years, the hotel’s grand-style architecture and unrivaled guest facilities were seen as state-of the art for the times. Much of the building was destroyed in the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and despite re-opening in more modest form in the 1960’s, the Grand Royal remained a shadow of its former self until the 1990’s; when new owners Corinthia Hotels gave the green light for an extensive restoration project that would retain the best of the old, while sensitively adding the new. Once restored to its original splendour, the newly named Corinthia Hotel Budapest re-opened its doors, as a five-star luxury property, in 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Corinthia Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.