“"Best experience ever"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Hotel Budapest

You added Corinthia Hotel Budapest to your Saves list
Corinthia Hotel Budapest
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet krt 43 - 49, Budapest H-1073, Hungary (Erzsébetváros)   |
Special Offer
Winter Invitation
Ranked #7 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
“"Best experience ever"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great hotel with a very nice stuff, location and service. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Spa is great as well as the restaurants.
I highly recommend this hotel and I will definetely stay there again when I go back to Budapest.

• Stayed January 2013
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am really pleased to read your review. Thank you for your nice words about our hotel and the staff. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

An excellent hotel in a great location - thoroughly recommended. The hotel staff are very friendly, there was an excellent string quartet playing in the bar on Saturday night and very entertaining.

We did not eat at the hotel as we prefer to go out to eat - go and try Chess which is opposite the hotel,amazing food at a reasonable cost

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate your mentioning our location. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the very near future.
Thomas M. Fischer
Stoke-on-Trent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Corinthia for three nights at the end of November/beginning of December. The hotel was fantastic. It is centrally located and the staff are so friendly and efficient that they make your stay feel very special. We chose to stay in an executive room which gave us free access to the executive lounge. This provides free snacks throughout the day and a free bar until 10pm. Pieter was the most attentive waiter you could wish for and it was certainly worth paying extra for an executive room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our services. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to Budapest!
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived the service was overwhelming. We were shown to our room by a young porter who explained in impeccable English how the wifi, the telly, the safe etc worked. We had a complimentary bottle of Hungarian wine. The room was vey spacious. in the bathroom there was both shower and bath. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. Although the room was on the main road, we did not notice the traffic. The breakfast was a feast, any food you might want for breakfast was there. The spa was stunning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The first striking thing when arriving is the sheer magnitude of the hotel- it might have 400+ rooms but judging by the size you'd be forgiven for thinking there are much more.
The rooms are great, with flat-screen TV, and all the necessary amenities. Wi-fi is complimentary and so is cabled internet.
The breakfast is good, there's lots to choose from and the staff are very friendly.
The conference area - starting from the ballroom- is majestic. Plenty of space, lots of corners and spaces to sit for networking possibilities.
Finally, the spa is good, large 15 meter pool, a steam bath, saunas and treatment rooms.
The hotel is centrally located, just a fifteen minute walk to the rive'; exiting, to your left is the Jewish quarter, and to your right, the Heroe's square beckons. The best bars are just a stone's throw away. All in all, a great experience, certainly to be repeated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am happy to see that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you for highlighting our conference area and location. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Thomas M. Fischer
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the moment you see the contours of the exterior of the property, you'd know that you will be entering a high style hotel. I participated in an event / fair, which was held in several meeting rooms. The buffet style lunch served at the brasserie restaurants, nice selection of food. The cocktail reception served in the atrium, everything was high class and stylish. I cannot say much about the rooms, as I was accommodated at a different hotel, but from the meeting perspective, the space is superb and the service great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for highlighting the Brasserie Restaurant and our meeting facilities. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Thomas M Fischer General Manager
Wall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took advantage of the winter 50% off offer and took executive rooms we travelled with my brother in law and sister in law. Firstly the booking process was excellent and I would especially like to thank Boglarka Kertesz who arranged appointments in the spa, transport to and from the airport and also a table in the Bock Bistro.
When you arrive at the hotel if you have an executive room you check in on the mezzanine level which is where the executive lounge is and are greeted with a drink whilst you do this.
The room we had faced onto the street on the 4th floor and was really nice (4202). The bed was huge and very comfortable and like most people have said although we were at first a little perturbed by the two duvets it was great to not have to fight over who got the duvet during the night. The bathroom was small but well equipped with a very powerful shower. The room was very very hot though and even though it snowed and was -4 whilst we were there we did sleep with the window open to let in some air. There was a wide choice of up to date films on the TV which we took advantage of.
Housekeeping also deserve a special thank you when we returned each day (we are not very tidy people) the room was perfection with clothes folded neatly which we had left on chairs as well as the room being cleaned thoroughly. We had no problem at all accessing trip advisor using the hotel wifi and used it as we usually do to plan our stay.
The executive lounge is great and well worth the money. It has comfortable seating and tables where you can take a lovely breakfast (hot food includes bacon, scrambled egg and mushrooms) as well as cereal, porridge and cold meats. At lunchtime sandwiches are available with salads and cake and in the evening there are cocktails and canapés. Wine and champagne are available all day with beer and spirits after 5pm until 10pm. The staff there are excellent I drank the Hungarian champagne whilst there and my glass was never allowed to be empty.
The spa is lovely too although I agree with most people who say a little full. It was difficult to get space to relax in on the Saturday but I think that was mainly because people had left towels on beds who were not using them. I liked the Jacuzzi but was not so keen on the pool (I found it cold) although my husband thought it was fine. I had a facial there which was great and so relaxing I nearly fell asleep during it.
Location wise it isn’t in the city centre but as far as I could tell there was no key centre to the city like there is in Prague or Krakow. It was easy to walk to most places and even though there was heavy snow when we were there the streets were cleared pretty quickly.
I definitely recommend you try the Bock Bistro we had a very memorable meal there where the waiter helped us chose the food and the wine so we could have a real Hungarian experience and it was exceptional. We went on the Friday evening and had pre-booked which was just as well as the place was full. We tried to book another evening whilst we were there but it was fully booked even on a Monday evening – if you want to go make sure you pre-book. Also for a woman who doesn’t like offal I thought the risotto made with rabbit kidney was one of the nicest meals I have had anywhere.
One evening we tried the bar as the lounge had closed and it was normal hotel prices which makes you recognise what a good deal the executive lounge was.

All in all I thought the hotel was exceptional and it made our holiday. I don’t think I would return to Budapest as there was not a huge amount to see there but the Corinthia is really special.

Room Tip: I like fresh air so liked facing onto the street the trams were a little noisy but nothing to keep y...