Just back from a four day stay in this hotel. This hotel is wonderful. It has a beautiful lobby and common spaces with a sweeping staircase in the entry. The staff are so nice and friendly and all speak English. The food (breakfast) was quite good and there is a large selection on the buffet. It runs until 10:30 so getting up late is not a problem. The bed was wonderful. So comfortable and warm with a down duvet. Bathrooms marble and roomy. Spa is divine. The jacuzzi, steam and sauna and beautiful pool are free to guests. (Spa treatments available as well for fee.) Location for me was ideal. It is on one of the main streets of the city about a 10-15 minute walk past lovely shops, reataurants and parks from the Danube. It is the same distance in the other direction to Hero's Square and the Fine Arts Museum. We walked it both day and night and not only was it safe with many people around, it was a pleasant amble to soak in the city. I did not want to stay in a "big box" on the river because I enjoy a hotel that reminds me of the city I am in, not one that is just nice but could be anywhere! Also, knowing that we were walking toward the river created a sight-seeing of sorts with a known destination. I doubt many who stayed on the river were willing to walk back "up into the city" so missed a great chance to interact and enjoy more than tourist points. There is no negative of any importance. The only thing is that the drinks in the lovely bar were 3 to 4 times more expensive than any nice restaurant elsewhere! I cannot imagine why they did this. We did have a drink or two but later found lovely places to have a drink and enjoy so I can't rec the bar!I can't imagine a better place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Grand Budapest
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First opened in 1896 as the Grand Hotel Royal; a hub for the elite of nineteenth century society, and painstakingly restored to its original glory some hundred years later, the Corinthia Budapest – located in the heart of the city - brings together classic hotel opulence with the finest five-star luxury of modern times. While the gracious frontage, marble floors, sweeping staircase and breathtaking, six-story Atrium preserved from the original building offer glorious hints of a bygone age, the levels of comfort and convenience are all reassuringly up to date.A particular feature is the hotel’s original Royal Spa centre, with 15-metre pool, now extensively refurbished by the current owners to reflect the very best in 21st-century spa luxury while retaining the grandeur of the past. Without doubt the finest hotel in Budapest. Built in classic French Renaissance style, the Grand Royal became a beacon of luxury in the days of Emperor Franz Joseph 1. Designed as a centrepiece of Hungary’s celebrations to mark its first thousand years, the hotel’s grand-style architecture and unrivaled guest facilities were seen as state-of the art for the times. Much of the building was destroyed in the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and despite re-opening in more modest form in the 1960’s, the Grand Royal remained a shadow of its former self until the 1990’s; when new owners Corinthia Hotels gave the green light for an extensive restoration project that would retain the best of the old, while sensitively adding the new. Once restored to its original splendour, the newly named Corinthia Hotel Budapest re-opened its doors, as a five-star luxury property, in 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Corinthia Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.